Apple to update MacBook lines in time for holidays

Comments

• Reply 21 of 199
    Still holding out hope that the MacBook Pro will get that all-important feature called the Modem back.
  • Reply 22 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmjoe

Still holding out hope that the MacBook Pro will get that all-important feature called the Modem back.

lol the modem is dead to apple just the like CRT is. Apple will tell you when its time to get rid of technology and they have told us to get rid of those....or pay a little extra for their usb modem.
  • Reply 23 of 199
    Okay so I just purchased a macbook two days ago and come to find out about the upcoming release is closer than I thought. If the release is indeed within the next week, what would you guys do........return the macbook for the upgraded macbook and pay the restocking fee.......or just enjoy my purchase and not look back? I purchased a base model at the apple store if that makes a difference. Also will they just be upgrading the processor....or could we expect an graphics card upgrade as well?
  • Reply 24 of 199
    Quote:

That will happen the same day they bring the parallel port back.
  • Reply 25 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crantholz

Okay so I just purchased a macbook two days ago and come to find out about the upcoming release is closer than I thought. If the release is indeed within the next week, what would you guys do........return the macbook for the upgraded macbook and pay the restocking fee.......or just enjoy my purchase and not look back? I purchased a base model at the apple store if that makes a difference. Also will they just be upgrading the processor....or could we expect an graphics card upgrade as well?

If it's the basic model, I will not return it. I think spend money on getting more ram will be a better choose. For the MacBook model, I don't think there will be a graphics upgrade this year unless apple drop intel chip set and go for nvidia or ati.
  • Reply 26 of 199
    Quote:

Maybe they'll come out with a floppy disk drive too...
  • Reply 27 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by littlechu

If it's the basic model, I will not return it. I think spend money on getting more ram will be a better choose. For the MacBook model, I don't think there will be a graphics upgrade this year unless apple drop intel chip set and go for nvidia or ati.

Well it's called the ultimate white.....it comes with 1 gig ram and 80 gig hard drive, what I was meant is I purchased a model offered at the local apple store, not customized or anything. Would I stand to gain more with the 64 processor?
  • Reply 28 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crantholz

Well it's called the ultimate white.....it comes with 1 gig ram and 80 gig hard drive, what I was meant is I purchased a model offered at the local apple store, not customized or anything. Would I stand to gain more with the 64 processor?

dont return it .. MacBook is wayyy backordered , there's just no way they're gonna refresh it anytime soon. MacBook Pro , might get update this or next week , macBook sometime very late October at best. (more likely november )

If i'm wrong i'm gonna eat my hat.....
  • Reply 29 of 199
    now give me my MacbookPro 13"!
  • Reply 30 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper

Yes, thanks -- is this not clear to everyone? They'll be out BY Thanksgiving, which doesn't mean "ON Thanksgiving." It means any day between now and then. I tried to make that as clear as possible without building expectations too high. I'm not even sure if Apple knows its exact plans for both models at the moment. Apple plans change all the time and are contingent on many subtle factors. The point of report is this -- MacBook and MacBook Pro will both get Core 2 Duo this year.

Cool...

i am looking for one and i can wait until next wednesday 27th ... will be disappointed it got released after the purchase ... if got new enclosure more disappointment ,

iMac C2D took long time reach singapore, no idea MBP will be available even if announced next or the following tuesday
  • Reply 31 of 199
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Damnit I hope memron mbps don't drop for another month. After last week's announcement i got pissed, caved and am typing this on my new mbp. That I got SATURDAY. Shit.
  • Reply 32 of 199
    Photokina would be a good place to introduce MacBook Pro (core2) and Aperture 2.0. It's a pro camera and photographers' event.
  • Reply 33 of 199
    I think we will see a MacBook Pro update in the next 2 weeks, and it's probably the MacBook that will have to wait, possibly as late as the end of November as stated in the article.
  • Reply 34 of 199
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

it's spelled Merom.
  • Reply 35 of 199
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by New

it's spelled Merom.

That one really cracked me up. Best response to the silly post yet. 8)
  • Reply 36 of 199
    Well something is going to be updated today. The Order Status feature on Apple's site is down, which almost always happens right before a product update.
  • Reply 37 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I wouldn't be surprised to see an update tomorrow or next week at the photokina press event. I'm not totally certain, but photokina seems to make the most sense. The last several times Apple announced anything at a pro trade show, they announced or updated a Pro app and announced or updated some Pro hardware too.

The regular MacBooks might wait a little longer though.

Yes. Totally agree :thumbs up: 8) Sep 25 Photokina - new Aperture, updated MacBookPro to Merom and 8x double-layer SuperDrive across the line.

MacBooks fill in around November update to Merom, as Apple continues to fill back-to-school and other pent-up demand.
  • Reply 38 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo

now give me my MacbookPro 13"!

You'll get it late November 8)
  • Reply 39 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755

Well something is going to be updated today. The Order Status feature on Apple's site is down, which almost always happens right before a product update.

Hmm... Apple Store is showing Ships: Within 24 hours, Free Shipping, no sign of any updates as of 6:43am NY time, 11:43am GMT.
  • Reply 40 of 199
    Note: No graphics card updates due to "thermal envelope" (heat) issues. GMA950 remains in MacBook and X1600mobility remains in MacBookPro. IMHO.