Apple to update MacBook lines in time for holidays

Comments

• Reply 61 of 199
    Will see on the 25th, I predict IMO 8) 2 out of every 3 predictions above to turn out correct.
  • Reply 62 of 199
    edit: nevermind
  • Reply 63 of 199
    edit: nevermind
  • Reply 64 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pak150

I doubt it means anything, but I ordered a souped up Macbook for work on the 15th, and it said that it wouldn't ship until the 26th...

Okay that's actually interesting. However, please confirm if you mean MacBook or MacBookPro. If it is MacBook it just means backlog of orders, IMO.
  • Reply 65 of 199
    I will be very surprised if they don't release macbook pro soon, Dell is already ready to ship Inspirons with Core2Duo and Toshiba was also supposed to do it sometime this week so apple will be way behind if it has to wait until Nov. I understand that it can be anytime between now and Nov but waiting when others are already selling something will not be wise...The only reason why Apple will delay macbook pro would be if they are having heat sink issues and they are trying to figure that out how to rectify...as they have had problems with macbooks, may be they have come with problems on macbook pro too and they want to make sure that are good before they are released. I will see no other reason for the delay launch...They are already losing market share so delaying it at such a time, will be bad...
  • Reply 66 of 199
    i say by next monday, mbp's will be available immediately either on the website or in the apple stores for purchase.
  • Reply 67 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Inspiration Prediction: Merom chips as scheduled (...) FW800 standard across the line. MacBookPro Aluminium stays. 8x DualLayer DVD burning across the line. RAM bump as follows: 15" base gets 1GB (2x512mb), 15" next gets 1GB (1x1GB), 17" gets 2GB (2x1GB). 4GB RAM is max now, across the line. GPU bumps as follows: Still X1600mobility, but VRAM as follows: 256, 512, 512 respectively. HDD bump ups accordingly (100gb, 100gb, 120gb), with 17" getting 7200rpm 12gb standard.

G'day, and cheers for this inspiring prediction. If that's how it plays out, I'll have a brand-new MBP really soon.
  • Reply 68 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

I will see no other reason for the delay launch...They are already losing market share so delaying it at such a time, will be bad...

They are?!?!?! Jeez and I thought that Apple was expected to sell more than a million notebooks this quarter and break there record which they just set this past quarter... I also I can't believed that the studies that showed that Apple doubled there notebook market share from 6% to 12% lied to us!!

I agree with everything else you said until that, I think your being a bit of a drama king

sunilraman I like your predictions, pretty close to what I've been predicting!
  • Reply 69 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darth_Apple

They are?!?!?! Jeez and I thought that Apple was expected to sell more than a million notebooks this quarter and break there record which they just set this past quarter... I also I can't believed that the studies that showed that Apple doubled there notebook market share from 6% to 12% lied to us!!

I agree with everything else you said until that, I think your being a bit of a drama king

sunilraman I like your predictions, pretty close to what I've been predicting!

Re: Marketshare it is "Mac Intel OS usage is growing quickly, and currently has 0.62 percent usage market share, but overall Mac OS usage is slightly down," Net Applications wrote in a recent newsletter. "Back in December 2005 total Mac OS usage market share was 4.35 percent, but August 2006 numbers show total Mac OS market share down to 4.33 percent." reffered to in http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2059

Thanks Re:My predictions they are sexyback, ya? :-)
  • Reply 70 of 199
    MMM... check out that 0.02% slip in MarketShare...!! Apple is teh doomed...!!!
  • Reply 71 of 199
    That is so bloody fracking in the margin of error it is not bloody funny. Useless Net Applications so-called "market research"
  • Reply 72 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby

G'day, and cheers for this inspiring prediction. If that's how it plays out, I'll have a brand-new MBP really soon.

Heh. My brother is going from London to NYC on holiday sometime in November. His ol' 12" PowerBook of 3 years or so needs a new MacBookPro ... Sep 25. Bring it on Apple..!!!
  • Reply 73 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Re: Marketshare it is "Mac Intel OS usage is growing quickly, and currently has 0.62 percent usage market share, but overall Mac OS usage is slightly down," Net Applications wrote in a recent newsletter. "Back in December 2005 total Mac OS usage market share was 4.35 percent, but August 2006 numbers show total Mac OS market share down to 4.33 percent." reffered to in http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2059

Thanks Re:My predictions they are sexyback, ya? :-)

Ya your predictions are the SEXY

Ya well I really don't believe that study (yes I read it) they don't get any numbers right and not to mention two studies from 2 market research companies have said the Mac market share climbed to around 4.6 or 4.8... and this quarter it should only go higher... so ya that study was done by a crackpot!!

So ya my studies are better the yours

btw Apple is not teh DOOMED... they are all your base belong to us
  • Reply 74 of 199
    just something to keep in mind...

i ordered my customised macbook a bit over a week ago and i got an estimated ship date of 27sep. ive heard of other people who ordered before i did getting their esd pushed back to the same date. personally this leads me to draw the conclusion that the 26/27th is probably/ hopefully d day for macbook core2duos
  • Reply 75 of 199
    Soooooooooooo,

What with all the eminent updates, is left to show at MacWorld SF . . . ???

iBlender?
  • Reply 76 of 199
    I hope all of the notebooks are updated way before November. Now that Apple has gone Intel, they are going to have to have all of their products updated immediately when new processors come out. Dell and all of them are going to be shipping Core 2 Duo notebooks starting next week. If Apple were to wait until November, dang....

BTW, I am ready to switch and I WANT MY MEROM MBP NOW!!!!
  • Reply 77 of 199
    my moneys on a small core2 revision this month ( like with the imacs) and a more thoroughly refreshed line of macbooks for macworld shipping with leopard on the day of the keynote...
  • Reply 78 of 199
    Bah, I'm just wishing some kind of hardware/software update will be made so that rosetta will stop choking out when it comes to emulating Adobe software. For now, I'm gonna have to use my alternate PC workstation setup instead of fully switching to Mactel...I know, it's a shame. \
  • Reply 79 of 199
    Some perfectly good reasons the MBPro doesn't have C2D yet :

1) Most people don't read rumor sites, so they're still buying the existing models - especially with the release of new iPods, which is great advertising for the entire Apple Catalog. Apple would be stupid to update if they still have substantial stock of the old line and people are buying at a decent clip. Also, they know that the hardcore types like all of us that know there's a next generation coming will still buy one, even if we have to wait another couple of months. Thats the problem we all have with the Apple Monopoly.

2) Historically, Apple only updates each line twice a year, while Intel does so 4-6 times a year. So, either Apple will change it's policy (unlikely, as it would involve restructuring their factories more frequently, changing production numbers and estimates, changing their advertising schedules, etc.), or they'll be skipping every other Intel Update, most of which, historically, are minor speed bumps. The Merom's main feature, other than a pretty negligible speed bump, is 64-bit capability, but it might make sense for Apple to wait for 64-bit programs to take advantage of that, as well as wait for the 2nd-gen 64-bit chip, which will be noticeably better, and out in time for Xmas, anyways.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF INTEL/PC users - very frequent processor and graphics card updates should hopefully desensitize you all to the pants-pissing anticipation of new hardware you all seem to have - just be glad that you don't also have all of those AMD updates to think about!
  • Reply 80 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnbpr

...refreshed line of macbooks for macworld shipping with leopard on the day of the keynote...

Methinks you've had one too many Vic Bitters.

edit:

where in Melbourne are you?