When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?

Comments

• Reply 101 of 131
    Mine shipped yesterday, will be with me before the 20th

yay!

Jan
  • Reply 102 of 131
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DotComCTO

Sorry about not getting back on here sooner! You're right, I've been spending a ton of time "working" on the new iMac. It's really a great machine. The screen is fantastic. In another thread, someone asked whether the corners were dimmer than the rest of the screen. As I'm sitting in front of the screen now - using whatever the default brightness is - I would say that there is some very, very, slight dimming in the corners, but it's really not noticible to me. I say this because sitting at a normal distance from the screen while typing, you don't really have the corners in your direct field of vision. You can see it peripherally, but it's really not enough to notice.

In any case, I've been configuring a ton of things - plus installing Parallels and Win XP (for apps I just can't get in Mac OS X). It's all good! So far, I really don't have a single complaint about the machine. It is completely outperforming my expectations and has been well worth the extended wait.

So...there's my update as of Sunday evening here in NY.

--DotComCTO

Glad to see all go well. By the way, the LCD dimming recalls me a similar phenomenon seen on many Apple portables in the past, and perhaps even today. Usually, it happened when the display was still cold, relatively speaking. I understand that on a such big display it is a non-issue.

On another note, I would like to say to 24" iMac owners to not try at this point to install WinXP with Bootcamp. It seems that there is some incompatibility with this particular iMac model.
  • Reply 103 of 131
    Gave Apple a ring this morning about changing shipping address, after a lovely phone call, a quick email (with driving license and utility bill scans) and a quick call this afternoon to check it has gone through I am happy to say that it looks like I no longer have a problem as they have kindly contacted UPS to change my delivery address

Now I just have to wait till the 28th, still, better than waiting till sometime in October, which was what would have happened if unable to change the address.

Here's to waiting!

• Reply 104 of 131
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    I thought I would share a pic of my "super-go-momma" 24-inch Core 2 Duo with all you gooder people. I can tell you she's Beautiful, Fast and super quiet 8) !

Single click on pic for a larger version.
  • Reply 105 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

On another note, I would like to say to 24" iMac owners to not try at this point to install WinXP with Bootcamp. It seems that there is some incompatibility with this particular iMac model.

Thanks for the heads up. I was just wrapping up my install under Parallels and all is working fine that way. I was going to set up a small partition for BootCamp eventually (not a high priority since Parallels does what I need). I guess I'll hold off for a wee bit.

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 106 of 131
    Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was just wrapping up my install under Parallels and all is working fine that way. I was going to set up a small partition for BootCamp eventually (not a high priority since Parallels does what I need). I guess I'll hold off for a wee bit.

--DotComCTO

I was actually just running BootCamp on my 24" this morning without any problems. I played Half-Life 2 at highest settings for a few hours with no glitches or anything. I'm pretty sure the problems were only in the previous 1.1 version of BootCamp and have been fixed in 1.1.1.
  • Reply 107 of 131
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Just got my iMac this morning. Took it home and have it transferring my 150 GB over. It should be done any minute. I am freekn pumped!!
  • Reply 108 of 131
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I was actually just running BootCamp on my 24" this morning without any problems. I played Half-Life 2 at highest settings for a few hours with no glitches or anything. I'm pretty sure the problems were only in the previous 1.1 version of BootCamp and have been fixed in 1.1.1.

It may be very well the Bootcamp version, but there are still people having trouble with 1.1.1 too. No one can say if it is their fault or if the problems still persits for some configurations. I guess the best one can do at this moment is to wait a little before taking action.
  • Reply 109 of 131
    I ordered a 24" iMac from the local Apple store - had to order it because they didn't have any with 500 gig drive. I ordered on Wed 9/13 and it showed up today 9/19.

All's well so far.... until.... I unboxed it.

When I unboxed it, I noticed a small black dot embedded in the clear plastic on the chin (left side). It's very noticable. There's another dot much smaller on the right side, but you really have to look to find that one.

When I called my local Apple store, they said - "we just helped you order it online - we are not responsible for making it right - call 800-applecare to get it fixed" - this was a store manager stating this.

I am on the phone now with Applecare - much nicer people so far. But they did say that I would have to take it back to the local Apple store (who washed their hands of it).

I can see it now - it's going to take 1-2 weeks to get this fixed. That sux...

Phil
  • Reply 110 of 131
    They shipped my 20" on the 18th with a delivery of the 22nd. It's in FedEx's hands and they bumped the delivery date to the 25th. It was shipped from California and is headed for NC.

Talking about taking all the available time. This was standard shipping, and it shows.
  • Reply 111 of 131
    amazon got the 24 inchers in. so mine shipped today, says it'll be here the 21st
  • Reply 112 of 131
    Got mine today! 24", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 250 GB. I don't think I will ever touch my old 14" iBook while inside the house again! So far is working great. Could not install BootCamp because I only have an original XP disc from 2002, not the SP2 version. Need to go out and get one of those so that I can get all my PocketPC stuff going again.

Complaints? None so far. It runs everything I could ask of it and is meeting all my expectations and more. I was kind of bummed out that the USB ports on the keyboard were apparently too underpowered to plug in my 1GB SanDisk thumbdrive. I guess I need to get another USB hub.
  • Reply 113 of 131
    Mine arrived today! Phenomenal speed increase over my Mac Mini (as you would expect :P)

Just awesome, much bigger than I thought. Mine is the 20-inch model.

Thanks

Jan
  • Reply 114 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adezero

amazon got the 24 inchers in. so mine shipped today, says it'll be here the 21st

I ordered mine in Amazon and received it late last night!, it is a beaut.
  • Reply 115 of 131
    my 24" arrived today.

haven't stopped playing with it.

everyone who's walked in the room has gasped.

(then spent over an hour playing with photobooth)

i love it!

(and it arrived 2 days before apple's estimated shipping date)
  • Reply 116 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shakerben

my 24" arrived today.

haven't stopped playing with it.

everyone who's walked in the room has gasped.

(then spent over an hour playing with photobooth)

i love it!

(and it arrived 2 days before apple's estimated shipping date)

My 4 1/2 year old son LOVES PhotoBooth. My only "complaint" is that in my home office the iSight sees everything a little too orange because of the lighting in the room. So, it would have been nice if Apple had put made some iSight tuning parameters available at the System Preferences level. Instead, I've had to grab iGlasses to do the tuning.

Anyone have a better approach???

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 117 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kishan

Got mine today! 24", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 250 GB. I don't think I will ever touch my old 14" iBook while inside the house again! So far is working great. Could not install BootCamp because I only have an original XP disc from 2002, not the SP2 version.

If you have access to windows machine try this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/
  • Reply 118 of 131
    Mine finally shipped today. Hope it gets here before the weekend.
  • Reply 119 of 131
    zoczoc Posts: 77member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by littlechu

If you have access to windows machine try this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

There are several tools that can do it for you automatically. For example nLite ( http://www.nliteos.com/ ) will take your Pre-SP2 original disk, integrate SP2 into it and even the latest hotfixes from windows update and prepare a "ready to burn" bootable ISO image.

I have not played with it for now (waiting october to order a 20" iMac ), but there are several reports saying that nLite works quite well.
  • Reply 120 of 131
    Quote:

My 4 1/2 year old son LOVES PhotoBooth. My only "complaint" is that in my home office the iSight sees everything a little too orange because of the lighting in the room. So, it would have been nice if Apple had put made some iSight tuning parameters available at the System Preferences level. Instead, I've had to grab iGlasses to do the tuning.

Anyone have a better approach???

--DotComCTO

are you calling me a 4 year old?

haha.

i'm not sure the novelty of photobooth will ever wear off.

it does seem to struggle in low light but it doesn't really bother me

maybe changing some stuff in quartz composer will help.

i don't really know how to do that though