Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 361 of 403
    Well, for those quietly cheering for SharkBait to get his friggin' computer already, you can drop the pom-poms! I picked it up this afternoon, and am rocking and rolling finally.

The transfer assistant worked just fine (G5 -> Mac Pro) but I have one piece of advice: buy a FW 800 cable. Sheesh - 90 minutes to send about 100 GB.
  • Reply 362 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Even with FireWire 800 the transfer was slow. I wish I just popped the SATA drive out and put it in the Mac Pro.
  • Reply 363 of 403
    I got my mac pro last night too. I hooked up my FW400 lacie external drive and was consistently getting 40MB/second! Needless to say I was very surprised as on my previous mini the FW bus couldnt break 20MB/second.

mac pro runs great havent installed windows yet. havent tried any games yet so i cant comment on the X1900xT, hope it was worth the wait.
  • Reply 364 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CheapFrag

havent tried any games yet so i cant comment on the X1900xT, hope it was worth the wait.

I haven't either really. Just Civ IV and UT 2k4, which are both fine (1680x1050, max settings). Maybe if I get Oblivion or something. Most Mac games will run at Max resolution, since they were designed to do so on the 7800GT or x600 in the old iMacs or Powermacs.
  • Reply 365 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

I haven't either really. Just Civ IV and UT 2k4, which are both fine (1680x1050, max settings). Maybe if I get Oblivion or something. Most Mac games will run at Max resolution, since they were designed to do so on the 7800GT or x600 in the old iMacs or Powermacs.

I just want to point out that Oblivion is the worst game I've ever played.
  • Reply 366 of 403
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Ordered mine on the 6th -- should be here by Thursday. I'm tracking it on FedEx, and it's halfway here.
  • Reply 367 of 403
    23" HDCD est. ship sept 20, est arrive sept 27

MacPro Dual 3ghz est. ship sept 25, est. arrive oct. 2
  • Reply 368 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by burningwheel

23" HDCD est. ship sept 20, est arrive sept 27

MacPro Dual 3gig est. ship sept 25, est. arrive oct. 2

My 23" HDCD is in my town to be delivered tomorrow!

Unfortunatly they might come out with a new one. I am not going to open mine until the 25th incase new ones come out and i want to return this one.
  • Reply 369 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

My 23" HDCD is in my town to be delivered tomorrow!

Unfortunatly they might come out with a new one. I am not going to open mine until the 25th incase new ones come out and i want to return this one.

why do you think they are coming out with a new one? i haven't read that...they just updated the specs on this one
  • Reply 370 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by burningwheel

why do you think they are coming out with a new one? i haven't read that...they just updated the specs on this one

We'll Aperture and Apple Cinema Displays are very closely integrated.

In addition, Apple is going to through in iSight and IR soon.
  • Reply 371 of 403
    Quote:

In addition, Apple is going to through in iSight and IR soon.

what's IR? i don't care about iSight, have no use for it

my monitor shipped today and is supposed to be here Friday!
  • Reply 372 of 403
    Well isn't Apple just sweet. I get an iPod for the inconvience of having to wait for my replacement Mac Pro, so they make me wait a little longer. It was supposed to ship on the 21st, but they sent me a nice update email to tell me it won't ship until the 28th. I knew there was another reason to hang on to the G5....
  • Reply 373 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

How the fuck?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

I just want to point out that Oblivion is the worst game I've ever played.

Oh, so you're dislexic and read the name of "WWE Raw Madness IV" incorrectly.
  • Reply 374 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh, I have mine. Good luck.
  • Reply 375 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

How the fuck?

All ads or pictures of Aperture have the Apple Cinema Display in it. Apeture's opperation is based one the concept of a large monitor, espressially dual monitors or dual cinema displays. Apple Cinema Displays are not tied to any other product more than Aperture EXCEPT the MacPro itself.

Anyways, I got my 23" HD Cinema Display today, and it is AMAZING.
  • Reply 376 of 403
    This may be my first post to this thread, but I'd like to explain my situation, and I kinda need some support.

Well, I ordered my Mac Pro on the 14, with a ship date of today. The order status page shows that it shipped yesterday. Fedex's order status page says that all they have is the package info, so after more than a day or this being my only clue as to what is up with my computer, I call Fedex, and turns out they have never received the package from Apple.

I called up Apple support, and they said they'd have to initiate a trace, and I could be left hanging for weeks while they try to find out what happened.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me, and I really don't want to be left out in the cold for this thing.

Anyone have any ideo of what I should do?

I tried to reach a manager, but was on hold for 20+ mins, so I hung up.

Oh ya, BTW, I'm in Canada, if that affects anything.

Thanks,

Noah
  • Reply 377 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noah93

This may be my first post to this thread, but I'd like to explain my situation, and I kinda need some support.

Well, I ordered my Mac Pro on the 14, with a ship date of today. The order status page shows that it shipped yesterday. Fedex's order status page says that all they have is the package info, so after more than a day or this being my only clue as to what is up with my computer, I call Fedex, and turns out they have never received the package from Apple.

I called up Apple support, and they said they'd have to initiate a trace, and I could be left hanging for weeks while they try to find out what happened.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me, and I really don't want to be left out in the cold for this thing.

Anyone have any ideo of what I should do?

I tried to reach a manager, but was on hold for 20+ mins, so I hung up.

Oh ya, BTW, I'm in Canada, if that affects anything.

Thanks,

Noah

You can disregard my last post. Turns out that after speaking to many customer service reps at Apple, and quite a few at Fedex, that Fedex magically received my computer. And after being told by them just 20 minutes earlier that they had never recieved the package, it is in transit from Rancho Cordova, CA to somewhere along the way to Montreal.

It is now slated for delivery on the 22, so I can't complain.

Noah
  • Reply 378 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Super Mac Pro tip #1: Do not install Front Row via Andrew Escobar's Front Row Enabler. The patch is PowerPC only and you'll have to go back to your install discs to revert your OS components.

Sure, he warns you about PowerPC only, but I just barreled forward and broke stuff. You've been warned!
  • Reply 379 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool

Super Mac Pro tip #1: Do not install Front Row via Andrew Escobar's Front Row Enabler. The patch is PowerPC only and you'll have to go back to your install discs to revert your OS components.

Sure, he warns you about PowerPC only, but I just barreled forward and broke stuff. You've been warned!

Ya, it's a real piss that it doesn't come with frontrow.
  • Reply 380 of 403
    Try this (I may get one eventually, I got my eyeTV, and having a 20" monitor and a comfy bed and having to get up to change the channel or pause the DVD is killer): http://twistedmelon.com/news/#09200603