keychain doesnt save bank info

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
it never asked me to save the info for my new online banking like it has for the rest. i tried adding it to the keychain and it seems as tho i entered the info in correctly but when i go to the website it wont fill it in. is this because its a secure website or is something wrong with my keychain?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Forms allow the site programmer to determine whether fields can be automatically populated. Many banking sites choosed to disable this for security reasons, so it's very likely there's nothing wrong with your system.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    thanks. that will save me a lot of stress because i kept trying to get it to work and now ill just give up. thats what i figured but its good to hear it from someone. thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Yes - specifically, the writer of the code for the site can specify "no autofill" and the browser will respect it.

I don't like it either. I think there are some hacks that can get around it - see if PithHelmet has that feature. Personally I use QuicKeys Toolbars for this purpose - one button for each website that doesn't allow autofill - the macro just types the userid and password in for me.