Powerbook G4 Superdrive availability information

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm currently writing from the Apple Soho (flagship) store. I came in looking for clues when they thought the apple store on-line would be shipping my Powerbook G4 1ghz/superdrive/60gb hd/1gb ram. Multiple salespeople told me they're getting in an unknown quantity in on Tuesday November 19th, and that they expect lines out the door @ 10AM their opening.

(If I hadn't ordered on-line with an ADC discount, I'd be on line and to take delivery then)

So, earliest possible AppleStore ship date is Tuesday, but I'd bet nothing ships until the week after next (of course they'll want to flood their own highly visible retail stores before other channels.) What do you think?

I'm getting antsy!

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Bierkonig ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Amen to that one!!! Me Too!!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    A few people have had their 1Ghz Superdrive machines already ship, as witnessed in <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131701"; target="_blank">this MacNN Thread</a>.

I personally ordered mine at a few minutes past 9 Eastern on the Wednesday, and mine is still being assembled. Hopefully next week.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    i have my 1Ghz SuperDrive PB already, courtesy of tekServe. Received it yesterday afternoon.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    are there any problems like...

Dead Pixels... etc???