Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Please hold while calculating countdown and setting up widget. Assumption is 10am GMT (UK time) 25th Sep 2006. [insert spinning beachball] 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 111
  • Reply 2 of 111
    3 Days 6 Hours 25 Minutes
  • Reply 3 of 111
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    You SINNER! You use Konfabulator! *throws stones*
  • Reply 4 of 111
    ROFL Dude I use my PC most of the time now... And my parents iBook G4 only comes with 10.3.
  • Reply 5 of 111
    3 Days 5 Hours 12 Minutes

This message proudly brought to you by Konfabulator
  • Reply 6 of 111
    Hey, those look like Yahoo widgets, imposter!!
  • Reply 7 of 111
    Told you guys, man, I don't have Dashboard. I had Tiger illegal copy for a year, then reinstall a few months ago did not go well. So reverted to original iBook G4 10.3, which, if you recall, has no Dashboard. So here we are and I am typing this on a craptacular Pentium4-M* 2ghz 512mb ram WindozeXP2pro. Widgets? Yahoo's my only choice

*My AMD64 Venice OC'ed 2.16ghz 1GB RAM 6600GT 550mhz OC'ed is in a closet a few thousand miles away.
  • Reply 8 of 111
    This countdown proudly brought to you by Yahoo Konfabulator:

2Days 20Hours to go.
  • Reply 9 of 111
    Lmao...I love it how all Apple fans (Me + Everyone else) build up hype !
  • Reply 10 of 111
    Where would our lives be without looking forward to the next Apple thing, hanging off every rumour or press-release or keynote or "leaked" documents or patent forms or photoshopped mockup pr0n
  • Reply 11 of 111
    I supposed we could be out having a real life, but hey, I had dinner and drinks with friends tonight so I earned a geeky weekend.

Also if I go for a run or swim I earn my nerding-out infront of the laptop time for a particular day 8)
  • Reply 12 of 111
    Oh, also, once you get the whole losing-your-virginity thing out of the way, one can return to normal geeking out Ummm.... okay, yeah..... no offense to any existing virgins out there. It's all cool man, sex, no sex, guys, girls, whatever. You will always have your Mac at the end of the day. Thus we worship that which gives us peace and security. Except for when there are kernel panics. Heh. Please don't take my ramblings seriously
  • Reply 13 of 111
    2 Days 19 Hours. I go watch some XVIDs now. DailyShow and maybe CSI Miami or maybe sleepy sleep.
  • Reply 14 of 111
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    So... why are you counting down to a Monday instead of a Tuesday? Does it have to do with that photography expo?
  • Reply 15 of 111
    Oh yeah...RL totally sucks.

I had one of my non-hostile forces venture out there, and he never was the same...*sniff*..again...

I sign this non-existant contract to spending atleast 2/3 of my day in front of a screen.
  • Reply 16 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

Oh yeah...RL totally sucks.

I had one of my non-hostile forces venture out there, and he never was the same...*sniff*..again...

I sign this non-existant contract to spending atleast 2/3 of my day in front of a screen.

ROFLMAO
  • Reply 17 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho

So... why are you counting down to a Monday instead of a Tuesday? Does it have to do with that photography expo?

Please see...

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...19000003.shtml

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...14090209.shtml

"MacShrine and MacOSXRumors expect the MacBook Pro to be updated at Apple's September 25th event preceding Photokina. AppleInsider is unsure whether the updated MacBook will be unveiled at that event or be held off to ensure adequate supply of Intel's Core 2 Duo Merom chip."

25th is a Monday. Photokina starts on 26th, Tuesday. We still have no info AFAIK on the TIME of the UK announcement. Let's assume it's 10am for now. Apple has special announcement re: aperture and so on eg. MacBookPro Merom, then 26th the fair starts.

After the UK announcement there'll be time for the American media to pick up on it as day breaks on the East Coast.

A departure from the Tuesday am announcements but as the invite says, they wanna start Photokina a little early this year. 8)

Photokina:

http://www.photokina-cologne.com/
  • Reply 18 of 111
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Ah. I didn't realize the UK announcement came before Photokina. Thanks.
  • Reply 19 of 111
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    There was just an announcement! What the fuck are they going to announce now? bugfixes in iTunes 7?
  • Reply 20 of 111
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

There was just an announcement! What the fuck are they going to announce now? bugfixes in iTunes 7?