Macbook delievery takes forever

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    configured to order.

for example online you can upgrade your HD to 7200.

thats not acceptable.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    okay thanks.....no I purchased at the apple store, would that make a difference? I just bought a floor configured model. They call it the ultimate white because it's configured standard with the 80 gig hard drive and the 1 gig of ram.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crantholz

okay thanks.....no I purchased at the apple store, would that make a difference? I just bought a floor configured model. They call it the ultimate white because it's configured standard with the 80 gig hard drive and the 1 gig of ram.

You're perfectly fine if you want to return it.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brently

You're perfectly fine if you want to return it.

So if I configured mine online, how long do I have to return it if I have too??? I configured mine on Apple's website from them, does that mean that I can not return it at all?

Thanks

-iGrant
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

So if I configured mine online, how long do I have to return it if I have too??? I configured mine on Apple's website from them, does that mean that I can not return it at all?

Thanks

-iGrant

You have 14 calendar days to get your RMA. Then you have 14 additional days to ship it back to Apple. There is a 10% restocking fee on the item if opened, unless it's DOA. You can read more about it here: Return Policy
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by axc51

You have 14 calendar days to get your RMA. Then you have 14 additional days to ship it back to Apple. There is a 10% restocking fee on the item if opened, unless it's DOA. You can read more about it here: Return Policy

ok thanks axc51
  • Reply 27 of 42
    MY MACBOOK FINALLY SHIPPED!!! But it missed the plane leaving China, and from what a friend told me, Fed-Ex only flies out of China every 3 DAYS!!!! I swear if this laptop ever gets here it will be a freaking miracle.

-iGrant
  • Reply 28 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

MY MACBOOK FINALLY SHIPPED!!! But it missed the plane leaving China, and from what a friend told me, Fed-Ex only flies out of China every 3 DAYS!!!! I swear if this laptop ever gets here it will be a freaking miracle.

-iGrant

Yours and mine must be on the same shipment. Mine has been in China since 4:06 pm their time. Thats about 3 am our time in Indiana this morning. At least it is in the shipping process now.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    hmm.. mines left shanghai too. due to arive in aus between the 25th/27th. weird how most peoples shipped the same day. please please please c2d
  • Reply 30 of 42
    ps:from today my local macstore is selling the 20 macbooks instock for $100 less than the rrp.

... and they tryed to tell me they dont know when apple plans to update systems
  • Reply 31 of 42
    hmm anybody has seen this in Apple US Stores? I just picked up a 2nd MBP 15.2/2.16/1GB for $2499 normal price just yesterday!
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnbpr

hmm.. mines left shanghai too. due to arive in aus between the 25th/27th. weird how most peoples shipped the same day. please please please c2d

The fedex tracking is kind of confusing...it says left origin 4:06pm. does that mean it has left China? the tracking hasnt updated in almost 48 hours... is that normal? I heard that fedex only ships out of china every three days..true?
  • Reply 33 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnbpr

ps:from today my local macstore is selling the 20 macbooks instock for $100 less than the rrp.

... and they tryed to tell me they dont know when apple plans to update systems

I hate to say it but I believe you're barking up the wrong tree here. No new MB with C2D for a while yet.. I don't believe there are the processors yet for all iMac, MBP's and MB's at the moment.

C2D will be in the MBP's maybe from next week. MB's have to wait a couple of months. At least.

The delay is Apple's own supply and demand problems, with the incredile popularity of the MB's causing a few growing pains.

No company updates something that it can't even match the demand for. That would be CrAzY! Economics. Not to mention slowing down the supply further and needlessly.

There again feel free to throw rotten fruit at this post if I'm wrong on Tuesday!
  • Reply 34 of 42
    I ordered my macbook on the 11th of the month and it said estimated shipping on the 22nd, but I just got an email delaying it to the 29th!!!

The worst part is I have 5 imacs on the order as well and they are not shipping those until the macbook is ready.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    Thats weird. i ordered on the 12th. got an esd of the 27th but ill have it the day after tommorow. youd expect yours being ordered a day before mine to ship before mine,.... hmm
  • Reply 36 of 42
    its funny how my laptop has been sitting ready in the shanghai warehouse since thursday. hmmm... youd assume china being the biggest export ecconomy in the world would have VERY frequent departures wouldnt you? especially for a product with such a significant backorder........
  • Reply 37 of 42
    apple employees are a bit silly. one says it ships today. one says it ships friday. i dont care..... IT SHIPPED NOW FOR FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

2 weeks later... soo excited haha. i want my mb!!
  • Reply 38 of 42
    I finally got mine yesterday and this is an amazing machine. Its amazingly fast, and the screen is beautiful, the only thing is that the screen is so bright, that I can only comfortably use my MacBook with the brightness at 50%.

I am also not use to the screen resolution, it is so weird having this much space to work with. I do not have any heating problems as thus far, and I have already installed Windows XP Pro and fully set it up so that it can run no my college campus.

I have read and read the horrors of the MacBooks overheating, randomly shutting down, etc.

The thing is if my MacBook won't crash running OS X, then a parallel of Windows XP Pro AND a parallel of Windows Vista, I say my MacBook is pretty much ready to go 8).

I did do a reinstall of OS X when I first got my Mac, the default install was 15.8 gigs, and since I am always low on hard drive space, especially since iTunes TV Shows and Movies came out, I reinstalled the Operating Systems to which I could only get it down 3.5 gigs because I wanted iWeb, I like that app, I have used it before.

Well there is my two bytes, I love this laptop and I hope it last me a long time.

-iGrant
  • Reply 39 of 42
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    I'm going to have to get one of these. Given their performance in the speed tests, I might just hook up the MacBook to my display and turn the dual G5 off, LOL.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    I ordered my MacBook on the 16th. Right after delivery, the confirmation email said it would not ship until the 27th, tomorrow, and would not get here until the 5th of October.

It came today. :o)