Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 381 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Anyways, I got my 23" HD Cinema Display today, and it is AMAZING.

i thought you weren't going to open it!
  • Reply 382 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by burningwheel

i thought you weren't going to open it!

I wasn't. But then I thought to myself: "I really don't give a shit about iSight and IR, and it's not going to be signifficantly better cheaper that it would be worth returning it -- and if it was, it's only a 10% restocking fee. But I have no intentions to return this display. After all, a display is a display.
  • Reply 383 of 403
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

I wasn't. But then I thought to myself: "I really don't give a shit about iSight and IR, and it's not going to be signifficantly better cheaper that it would be worth returning it -- and if it was, it's only a 10% restocking fee. But I have no intentions to return this display. After all, a display is a display.

Yay, good sense (and impatience ) win the day!
  • Reply 384 of 403
    Just for those of you who decided to buy the ATI upgrade:

I installed boot camp on my mac pro, bought company of heros (check it out) I can run this in windows at 1600x1200 andwith the grpahics maxed out and it runs so smooth, zero slow down. THis game is extremly intensive and I"m excited how amazing other games look!

Alos DON'T use the migration assistant, I ended up formating and reinstalling the OS due to some permission issues.

enjoy.

flick.
  • Reply 385 of 403
    just got my 23" HDCD. it's a thing of beauty, takes up less space than my old 23". it kinda sucks that it has a tiny rough nick on the front of it

Mac Pro ships Monday
  • Reply 386 of 403
    Quote:

just got my 23" HDCD. it's a thing of beauty, takes up less space than my old 23". it kinda sucks that it has a tiny rough nick on the front of it

Mac Pro ships Monday

i guess it's not a nick, it's must be the on light!
  • Reply 387 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Wow.

I love my NEC, just thought I'd say that. You can even adjust the brightness of the on light.
  • Reply 388 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Wow.

I love my NEC, just thought I'd say that. You can even adjust the brightness of the on light.

cool.

what model is it?
  • Reply 389 of 403
    NEC 20WMGX2. Arguably the best widescreen 20" you can buy right now.
  • Reply 390 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

NEC 20WMGX2. Arguably the best widescreen 20" you can buy right now.

Posting from my Friday Apple Surprise! My Mac Pro replacement showed up about an hour and a half ago. No defects this time.
  • Reply 391 of 403
    sweet.

my Mac Pro shipped today, 2 days ahead of schedule and is scheduled to arrive 5 days before schedule
  • Reply 392 of 403
    Quote:

sweet.

my Mac Pro shipped today, 2 days ahead of schedule and is scheduled to arrive 5 days before schedule

Mine shipped late Wednesday night and has been in town at the FedEx sort facility since Saturday.

On the status though it says:

Action:

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Details:

Pkg scheduled for delivery on Sep 26

I've had this happen before to shipped packages that arrived on Saturday at the sort facility, except those packages said they were scheduled for the first business day thereafter (Monday). This one appears to be scheduled for Tuesday instead. I wonder if that is a glitch and I will indeed get it tomorrow or if I have to wait until Tuesday.
  • Reply 393 of 403
    Congrats.
  • Reply 394 of 403
    i love this machine
  • Reply 395 of 403
    Out of curiosity Placebo, what computer do you have?
  • Reply 396 of 403
    got winxp up and running. have tried one game on osx, some kind of racing game, redline something or other... not bad graphics, can run cranked up at 1920x1200 with no issues whatsoever. All my other games are on windows, will get those installed sometime during the week and report back.
  • Reply 397 of 403
    I tried a couple of games on XP.

I got a x1900. When I started Oblivion, it detected "ultra high" setting. And counter-strike source is maxed too. I'm gonna buy the latest ghost recon soon. Im sure it will be great.
  • Reply 398 of 403
    Quote:

Out of curiosity Placebo, what computer do you have?

The 2.66 with an X1900XT. Gonna add more RAM soon.
  • Reply 399 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CheapFrag

got winxp up and running.

Did you use the sata hack (slipstream), or have they ironed that out by now?

Noah
  • Reply 400 of 403
    I think it's still only slipstreamed. Which would be fine if I could do it right.