Hi am just wondering witch Apple product you think is the best

I wuld go fore the Powerbook ore ipod

Comments

• Reply 1 of 63
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    MacDraw.
  • Reply 2 of 63
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    I personally enjoy having the computer speak back to me... It's like having my own Stephen Hawking puppet.
  • Reply 3 of 63
    My choices would be in this order:

OS X

iPod

23" HD Cinema Display
  • Reply 4 of 63
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    OS X

iPod

iBook

iMac (design-wise)
  • Reply 5 of 63
    Software:

1) Jaguar

2) Quicktime

3) Final Cut Pro

4) iTunes

5) iMovie

Hardware

1) 10gig iPod

2) 1ghz Superdrive Powerbook

3) 800mhz 12inch iBook

(must admit I am partial to portables)

4) 17inch iMac

5) 23 HD display
  • Reply 6 of 63
    Apple IIgs

'nuff said...
  • Reply 7 of 63
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Hardware: Original Bondi Blue iMac. It's such a classic (tm)

Software: Either OS X or Final Cut Pro
  • Reply 8 of 63
    Let us not forget that little Mac that started it all...The Original Macintosh...."hello"...however I am very partial to Titanium Powerbooks...he he he

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: filmmaker2002 ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 63
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    The new iMac.

It puts Apple back on the Computer map finally as people begin to see how other PCs look abit last century

• Reply 10 of 63
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    cube.

ultra compact. noiseless. always there.

will be re-launched because it IS a digital hub.
  • Reply 11 of 63
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    The iPod, OS X, the dual USB iBook (when it was first released).
  • Reply 12 of 63
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Jaguar

iPod

iBook Dual USB (Original)

iMac DV SE (Original)

I picked these 4 because I bought each without any hesitation.
  • Reply 13 of 63
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    1. The IIfx. It stomped all over the Wintels of the time. Apple even specially designed super-high-speed RAM to use in it!

2. The original PowerMac G4. The IIfx all over again - classified as a weapon by the U.S. government, that was a great ad!

3. The Plus. A timeless classic. The Plus was affordable by most people and it was the first expandable Mac - you could add an external SCSI hard drive, up to 3 MB more RAM, or any number of other SCSI peripherals. On top of that, it was fanless and super-durable. It was also in production for longer than any other Apple computer.

4. The iMac, in general. Early on, at least, the iMac has represented the ultimate hope for Apple. It's very visible to consumers. Unlike the bad Performa years, the iMac is designed to be a low cost but powerful computer that anyone can afford and use. It's not just a Pro machine with artificial barriers and cost-cutting limitations. After 2000 the iMac was getting a bit long in the tooth but Apple has kept it alive with the LCD iMac. iMacs have been produced for about four years, just short of the four year, ten month lifespan of the Plus.
  • Reply 14 of 63
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Hands down, best Apple product ever is the MessagePad 2100. Unless you've owned one, you just won't understand.
  • Reply 15 of 63
    the cube, nothing comes even close!

(I can't wait for my dual 800 upgrade card )
  • Reply 16 of 63
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    The cube and the message pad, two products that Apple found impossible to sustain, both considered great, both miserable failures. Doesn't bode well for the future, does it?
  • Reply 17 of 63
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    software:

opendoc/cyberdog

final cut pro

iMovie

quicktime

jaguar

applescript

hardware:

newton messagepads

TiBook Superdrive

cinema display

LCD iMac

powerbook 2400c

iPod

- trowa

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: trowa ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 63
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    iPod baby.
  • Reply 19 of 63
    **Hardware**

-iPod

-iMac G4

-TiBook

**Software**

-iMovie

-iTunes

(Oh and the worst Apple Product is iCal - Damm it really suxs bad!)
  • Reply 20 of 63
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    To me (and I've thought this for a while now), the iBook is, IMO, the best thing Apple has ever done. They took everything that made the iMac cool (style, color, forward-thinking I/O, etc.) and put it into a laptop that begged to be paraded around.

Of course, I'm talking about the original "toilet seat" iBooks. And I was happy with those (owned a tangerine one myself for a short while).

But when the white, dual-USB "iChiclet" iBooks came out in May 2001, I was even MORE impressed. No wasted space, even tougher construction (but smaller and lighter), etc.

And now (with last week's updates), I think the iBook is the one thing Apple does that totally hits it out of the park in regards to price, performance, style, etc.

All their stuff rocks of course, but the stuff that's really cool is very expensive. Or it's underpowered for the money you spend. But the iBook (especially now that one can be had for $999!) just nails it.

I just love them (and I don't even own one...go figure).

Second would be the iPod. Think about what it does and represents: every piece of music you own (or even THOUGHT about owning) in the palm of your hand or your jacket pocket.

Amazing.

This is why I love Apple. They do it first, they do it better. Everyone else pops in 6 months after the fact and half-asses it for the masses.

I'll stick with the real thing and the original.

Goes beyond see-through, curvy plastic, people...

Okay, third runner up: Jaguar

Yes, I just installed it last week and love everything about it. What OS X should've been all along.