Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Viva la MBP (with core 2 duo)!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 58
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Tell my parents I love th...
  • Reply 2 of 58
    I think it's a very real possibility. The MBP hasn't been "refreshed" in a while. I just hope the MacBook isn't updated for another few weeks. I just ordered mine this past week and I'd hate to miss out on any upgrades by mere days. *Sigh* Such is technology I guess.... \
  • Reply 3 of 58
    C2D 12" MacBook with a Nvidia 7400 or 7600 in it
  • Reply 4 of 58
    Just give us the %&¤# Core2Duo at Photokina.. The wait is unbearable
  • Reply 5 of 58
    let's say the mbp is refreshed at photokina today...if i order it today after steve announces it, how long do you think i'll have to wait before i can actually hold it in my hands?
  • Reply 6 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

let's say the mbp is refreshed at photokina today...if i order it today after steve announces it, how long do you think i'll have to wait before i can actually hold it in my hands?

i'd think very soon, you'd assume it being a whole refresh there would have been a major production run in the past few weeks....
  • Reply 7 of 58
    is the event gonna start in an hour? not too many seems to be talking about it now, maybe not everyone's awake yet? nothing on engadget about it either. i guess they couldn't make it to germany...
  • Reply 8 of 58
    I've read that the event will be 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) long, if this is true then we will definitely see some kind of update, I really don't think they will talk about Aperture during all that time

Heres to a possible C2D MacBook Pro

Btw the Apple store is still up, so nothing yet \
  • Reply 9 of 58
    do you know if anyone is going to cover the event like the way they covered the Showtime event couple weeks ago?
  • Reply 10 of 58
    Anyone know of sites with "live" coverage of the event?
  • Reply 11 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Tell my parents I love th...

Haha, well played.

Personally, I don't really have a good idea of what could be released tomorrow, but I do know what I'd like to see.

I'd like to see some sort of solution to the iSight and IR Sensor-less Mac Pro, whether that be though a new line of displays or a new perhipheral. The displays would make a lot of sense, as they are important tools for digital photographers, but personally I'm hoping for a new iSight. There have been numerous threads about this, and I know I'm not alone.

MBP updates would be nice, though if they happen, I wouldn't expect anything drastic. A few people have been blabbing about a new enclosure and stuff... I don't buy it. Apple is happy with Aluminum enclosures for it's pro products, at least for the time being. If anything happens in the MBP area, it will be a speed bump.

I would very much like to at lease hear something about the long-time awaited, denied, and gossiped about widescreen iPods and iPhones, though I very much doubt they will be mentioned at Photokina.

That's really just about all I have to say.
  • Reply 12 of 58
    Is this event today (the 25th)?
  • Reply 13 of 58
    yeah, today, i think it's starting in 2 min. but no one seems to be covering it!
  • Reply 14 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Is this event today (the 25th)?

Yes and supposedly starting at about... now! I smell dissapointment brewing... this really could just be an aperature-only update event.
  • Reply 15 of 58
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    I have been checking out the rss photokina update but nothing yet.

If the MBP is updated I wonder if it will be announced tomorrow in the usual apple way?

Wonder if there really is an aperture update?

Oh well, shall keep refreshing!
  • Reply 16 of 58
    apple store is still up....maybe no mbp today...
  • Reply 17 of 58
    Aperture is definitly getting updated today (when else would they release the new version???), and I would hope they would update the MBP today to0. As for when your going to see the update on the web store? I would say tomorrow. Being that the event is in Gemany and mid afternoon, I wouldn't expect them to update the site today. Why not just update it tomorrow morning as usual and start selling them? What's another half day? I can wait one...more...day, I guess...
  • Reply 18 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macbookschmo

I smell dissapointment brewing... this really could just be an aperature-only update event.

An hour and-a-half on Aperature? I guess the real reason I find that so difficult to beleive is that deep down inside I don't want to beleive it, and I don't use Aperature. Why when I have money to spend is there nothing to buy, and when they update and I want to buy I have no money? KKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN NN!!
  • Reply 19 of 58
    http://www.macnotes.de/index.html live in geman

sofar nothing spectacular, just recoup
  • Reply 20 of 58
    Aperture 1.5