So Photokina is tomorrow. any last comments

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    Quote:

17:18: Still demo. Up-to-date the new an inking attachment witness and the Presets for it are shown. The public is quite inspired by the meeting.

.... looks like Chucker beat me to it
  • Reply 42 of 58
    I don't think they are releasing it today also..if they were planning to release it today, apple store would have been down or something..currently also, macbook pro is showing estimated shipping in 24 hours...it will be a real bummer if they don't release it today also..apple will be the only vendor left to release their laptops with the new chip.
  • Reply 43 of 58
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

17:24: Der Apple-Store ist übrigens noch online. Das deutet darauf hin, dass heute keine neue Hardware vorgestellt wird. Ein Update des Mac Books zu einer Profimesse wäre auch ungewöhnlich.

17:22: Jetzt wird das neue Datei-Management gezeigt. Bilddaten lassen sich verwalten, ohne das die RAW-Dateien vorliegen. Apple nennt das "Offline-Images".

The new file management is being shown now. Image data can be managed without the need for RAW originals. Apple calls this "offline images".

The Apple Store is still online, by the way. That indicates that no new hardware will be presented today. An update of the MacBook at a professional exposition would be unusual, anyway.
  • Reply 44 of 58
    man...

Der Apple-Store ist übrigens noch online. Das deutet darauf hin, dass heute keine neue Hardware vorgestellt wird. Ein Update des Mac Books zu einer Profimesse wäre auch ungewöhnlich.

babelfish:

The Apple [online store] is übrigens still on-line. That points on the fact that today no new hardware is introduced. An update of the Mac Books to a professional fair wäre also ungewöhnlich.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

An update of the MacBook at a professional exposition would be unusual, anyway.

What about the MacBook Pro... sounds "durchaus genug professionell" to me... (C'mon Apple).
  • Reply 46 of 58
    I still say wait till tomorrow morning. Most of the time they release new stuff on Tuesdays, just wait to see if the store is updated tomorrow. If it's not I guess I'm going to have to buy one of the current MBP's...not what I wanted to do, but at this point I need a laptop and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I've been waiting for weeks now, and it's killing me. I really hope the store is updated tomorrow when I wake up.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    New Aperture page is up at Apple.
  • Reply 48 of 58
    Hmmm nice I didn't know this update was free. Good job Apple.
  • Reply 49 of 58
    I can't see Apple releasing a new UB version of Aperture and not updating the MBP at the same time. Just doesn't seem like a smart move, especially when the new C2D is 64 bit. I think I also saw that Logic 7 had/has an update that will fully make use of 64 bits. That's a huge thing in audio recording because if you have an interface that supports 64 bits, the number or point per wave is twice as much as the old 32 bit process, so it's twice as close to analog recording. I guess we'll just see what happens tomorrow...I'm still thinking their will be an update...Anyone else still think it's possible?
  • Reply 50 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta

I can't see Apple releasing a new UB version of Aperture

Um, Aperture has been universal for months.

Quote:

and not updating the MBP at the same time. Just doesn't seem like a smart move, especially when the new C2D is 64 bit. I think I also saw that Logic 7 had/has an update that will fully make use of 64 bits. That's a huge thing in audio recording because if you have an interface that supports 64 bits,

Intel 64-bit binaries will not run in Tiger. In fact, Tiger does not even recognize their signature.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    I'm pretty sure that with a 64 bit audio interface, it will record 64 bits. I could be wrong, but I know they do make 64 bit AI's for windows and macs, and I have herd of people recording with 64 bits at 96...then mixing down to 44.1 to put on media like cds. As long as the application supports it, I know nuendo does, and I think the Pro Tools HD systems do too. I can't see them making them if it wasn't possible to fully use them. They might be getting ready for the switch to 64 bit? idk, but they have been out since the 64 bit chips have been around.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    Quote:

I'm pretty sure that with a 64 bit audio interface, it will record 64 bits. I could be wrong, but I know they do make 64 bit AI's for windows and macs, and I have herd of people recording at 64. As long as the application supports it, I know nuendo does, and I think the Pro Tools HD systems do too. I can't see them making them if it wasn't possible to fully use them. They might be getting ready for the switch to 64 bit? idk, but they have been out since the 64 bit chips have been around.

The audio interface's 64-bitness has nothing to do with whether the CPU is 64-bit.
  • Reply 53 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

The audio interface's 64-bitness has nothing to do with whether the CPU is 64-bit.

hmmm I would of thought that if the AI was recording at 64 bits, that the CPU would need to be in order to understand it, guess not?
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Still no news about an update to Macbook Pro?
  • Reply 55 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sororca

Still no news about an update to Macbook Pro?

I would wait till tomorrow, but the news letter did say anytime from last week till November...so I could be any week inbetween. Most likely a silent update at this point. i don't know if Apple will put another event together for a updated MBP, they didn't for the new iMacs...so now I'm guessing they'll do the same for the MBP...We'll have to wait and see.
  • Reply 56 of 58
    Quote:

I would wait till tomorrow, but the news letter did say anytime from last week till November...so I could be any week inbetween. Most likely a silent update at this point. i don't know if Apple will put another event together for a updated MBP, they didn't for the new iMacs...so now I'm guessing they'll do the same for the MBP...We'll have to wait and see.

I'm just sick of waiting. Waiting waiting and waiting. I don't get it, why are they stalling, what is taking Apple so long? Speculating takes over - and rational sense goes out the window...

If it's a silent update it's not going to be a brand-new ultra spectacular laptop, so why the wait?!? It just doesn't make sense!
  • Reply 57 of 58
    Quote:

hmmm I would of thought that if the AI was recording at 64 bits, that the CPU would need to be in order to understand it, guess not?

32-bit CPU's can still handle 64-bit numbers, they just have to jump through hoops to do it (like, say processing everything on SSE or Altivec, or using really clunky libraries to do it "in software").

Also, the 64-bitness is of no use to Aperture (which processes everything in 128 bits on the GPU).

Finally, 64 bits isn't twice as close to "analogue" as 32 bits is (33 bits would be.) It holds 4,294,967,296 times as much detail (although with audio, 32-bit resolution is fine, it's the frequency that's usually the problem.)
  • Reply 58 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sororca

I'm just sick of waiting. Waiting waiting and waiting. I don't get it, why are they stalling, what is taking Apple so long? Speculating takes over - and rational sense goes out the window...

If it's a silent update it's not going to be a brand-new ultra spectacular laptop, so why the wait?!? It just doesn't make sense!

maybe macbook lines will get c2d in the near future and the star of macworld will be the all new mbps? with a smaller mb rev?