News Flash: Apple premiers Aperture 1.5 at Photokina

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mirag3

If they don't announce Merom MBPs soon I think I'm gonna go nuts. I need to get rid of this laptop, it keeps overheating, and this was supposed to be my first Mac. However, I've been waiting since JUNE and I'm going to go and kidnap an Apple exec. and get a REAL launch date. I wouldn't even care if they came out and said, November - but they have to play stupid games with their customers.

It's really not a game they're playing with the customers, more of a game potential customers play with one another. Apple is playing their game with the shareholders.

I have a theory that Apple is able to cause AAPL shares to trade several dollars higher due to the hype that their secrecy creates. Multiply that by the total number of shares and you've got a huge amount of capital being created for the company. Like it or not, Apple's secrecy definitely benefits Apple on balance (IMO, obviously), which in turn benefits the shareholders.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mirag3

If they don't announce Merom MBPs soon I think I'm gonna go nuts. I need to get rid of this laptop, it keeps overheating, and this was supposed to be my first Mac. However, I've been waiting since JUNE and I'm going to go and kidnap an Apple exec. and get a REAL launch date. I wouldn't even care if they came out and said, November - but they have to play stupid games with their customers.

Dear M, don't go nuts just yet! A MBP update is imminent. Apple couldn't release both products at the same time today as it would've taken the focus off Aperture.

Now they finally got their message accross, the road should be wide open for "another thing"! Steve?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    How timely.

Literally last night i spent an hour walking my dad through exporting an album, then importing it into iphoto, then exporting it to iDVD just to burn a slideshow.

Every single one of my minor qualms with 1.1 have been addressed in this update, especially the iPod synching and the added support for external drives!!!!

This is amazing!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

If they don't announce Merom MBPs soon I think I'm gonna go nuts.

Dell/HP will ship Core 2 notebooks during October.

I think its solid assumption Apple will announce and ship around that same time.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Well, blast. Apple Japan has yanked version 1.1 from the store and will not provide the Japanese localized version for 6-8 weeks. If I had ordered yesterday they had stock...

Why does Apple try so hard not to sell their products?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wackybit

On the updated Aperture site, Apple said the new Aperture now runs on Mac mini and also the MacBook.....but I still have the 1.1 CD, so I still won't be able to install it on my MacBook anyways...

I would call apple and ask for a media swap/replacment...lots of companies will do this sort of thing on the rare occasion that a big change happens in a maintenence cycle so customers do not have to constantly update all of their new systems being brought online.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Will Apple ever release the download! Having just obtained Aperture and wanting to sort out my library on external hard drives I'm forced to wait!