Next new ipod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I like the enchanced 30 and 80gb ipods and all and I would buy one but past experiences have taught me better. See, my fear is that by Christmas time, apple will have a whole new and improved, better model out.

My question is, is this likely?

Will I be better off to ignore my impulses and make do with my "fossil" 4gb mini in hopes of a new trend to come?

Iono..i'm no apple expert.

(Heck. I don't even have a real account on here)

Sorry to whoever uses it..i didn't know if it was a free for all one or not? oops

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Nope, this is definitely the holiday season iPod line-up.

My personal guess is that the new nano is going to stay with us for a while, but the iPod is going to get a whole new model in 4-6 months.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Wait it out for this!!!!

Seriously!
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by playcrackthesky

Wait it out for this!!!!

Seriously!

man I really don't like the idea of the click wheel being on the physical screen. it would get in the way of the movie when I am trying to fastforward or rewind.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    i think its possible something new is out by the holidays. didnt they release the 5g shortly after the release of the updated ipod photo?
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

man I really don't like the idea of the click wheel being on the physical screen. it would get in the way of the movie when I am trying to fastforward or rewind.

IT GOES AWAY

it goes away when your not touching it. thats when your touching it, to turn it up, or fast forward.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    i want that ipod NOW.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    yea thats what i want! my finger prints all over the screen while im watching a movie!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

Not only that, but there would be no way to hold the device and simultaneously manipulate it. Apple won't make a fundamental design mistake like that. I know these mock-ups were thrown together in Photoshop because they are easy to comp up, but as a physical sample you would quickly see the flaws in their thinking.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    WAIT!!! Do you really think apple will leave there iPod like it is, expecially with all the other mp3 players going widescreen and stuff. WAIT!
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104

yea thats what i want! my finger prints all over the screen while im watching a movie!

exactly my point.

and yeah I knew it went away, my point is I don't like interrupting my view of the movie by having that in the way whenever I touch the screen. ( itunes does the same thing now for movies and drives me crazy. )
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Touching the screen is ridiculous. The screens now are bad enough without any reason to touch them.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    apple is not stupid enought o make this the next ipod design. they know what poeple want and a greasy finger print covered screen is not what poeple want. id say were gonna see something zune like maybe. larger screen smaller click wheel.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Is the Zune's screen larger? I thought it was the same size, just oriented sideways.

I think Apple could do a 640x480 true video ipod, oriented sideways, and with a click-wheel at the bottom.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

Is the Zune's screen larger? I thought it was the same size, just oriented sideways.

I think Apple could do a 640x480 true video ipod, oriented sideways, and with a click-wheel at the bottom.

yeah that would be awesome. and I am kind of hoping they make ipod a handheld gaming machine, although that might be complicating things too much. ( would be a great use for 100gb though ) they could have the scroll wheel on one side ( with 8 directional buttons instead of 4 ) and 2 buttons on the right. ( cold also be - and + so they could be volume rockers for music )

I really wish I was good at photoshop....

but it would have

4 inch screen ( just to beat zune )

scroll wheel on left ( 8 directional instead of 4, but still only 4 functions, play,menu,rew,fastf)

2 buttons on the right ( gameboy style, b button would be - and a button would be + )

still wouldn't have speakers though ( like most handhelds ) so would require headphones. ( would save space so it could still be as thin as a ds lite )

oh and zune does have a bigger screen. ( 3 inches )

anybody who knows photoshop... wanna make a gaming ipod picture??
  • Reply 15 of 18
    ewww i hope there is NEVER a gaming ipod. and i doubt there ever will be! now a widescreen with a wheel on the bottom isnt smartu would have to move ur hands when holding it. but if its on the side u could easily control it with ur thuumb.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    yes, i want my fingerprints all over the screen (jeez get a piece of cloth and wipe it) i hope they make it a brown ipod only. zune that.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

yes, i want my fingerprints all over the screen (jeez get a piece of cloth and wipe it) i hope they make it a brown ipod only. zune that.

o thats coveniant! watch movie...miss something...rewind...now pause...clean screan...play....awww damn dirty again
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104

o thats coveniant! watch movie...miss something...rewind...now pause...clean screan...play....awww damn dirty again

You know, I'm not sure what you guys have been handling, but GO WASH YOUR HANDS!!! I mean, I can't believe people are making so much of a fuss from normal (otherwise clean) fingers that produce a bit of oil. Can you really not see what is on the screen because you've touched and made a small circle on part of the screen with your finger? We're not talking about a 52" plasma screen here. Or maybe you're envisioning curling up on the couch with a nice big tub of buttery popcorn and then watching a movie on your tiny video iPod???

I'd love to see all your computer monitors that you look at all day long (and presumably not touch with your fingers). I'm sure they are all squeaky clean.