Cleaning iBook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I recently got a Macbook and want to sell my iBook to a friend but it has dark spots where my hands have rested for the past year. Id like to computer to look nice for my friend. Anyone have any good methods of cleaning these spots?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Maybe it's not a good idea, but when I sold mine, I used some of those Clorox antibacterial wipes to get all the crud off, they worked pretty well.

A mixture of water and rubbing alcohol might do the trick also...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988

I recently got a Macbook and want to sell my iBook to a friend but it has dark spots where my hands have rested for the past year. Id like to computer to look nice for my friend. Anyone have any good methods of cleaning these spots?

I have a sure fire way. 100% guarantee bring your iBook whiteness back to life.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Ok. The glossy parts (eg. bottom and top surface) use window cleaner, rub as needed until smooth and shiny.

The white matte parts like the palmrest and keys, use an eraser. Try it, and you'll be very surprised. Rub away, with moderate force, and watch the whiteness return.

Have you seen the eraser you can hold like a pen? Using that, is the best to get a good rhythm and feel. http://www.papermate.com/sanford/con...-erasers.jhtml

• Reply 4 of 6
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! Click Here
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers extensively to clean our school's iBooks. Slightly dampen the Clean Magic eraser, work onto a small area and wipe off with soft cloth. Do not use on screen...

Voila! New looking iBook!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kjm1863

Do not use on screen...

DEFINITELY DO NOT USE ERASERS ON SCREEN !!!!