Apple looks to squash bugs with iTunes 7.0.1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Start your software Updater or download from Apple here!

You can report back here to follow up on unresolved isssues.

One thing that's still there after the update, is the fact that videos still aren't pause-able in fullscreen, as fullscreen quits automatically when you try to pause.

Apple says: "iTunes 7.0.1 addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more."

Cover Flow is definitely snappier, but I suspect there'll be other issues to bitch about, and I'll probably join in the bitching.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    Apple Computer on Wednesday released a software update for iTunes 7, targeting a number of stability and performance issues that have been reported with the new version of the digital jukebox software.

As reported by AppleInsider earlier this month, Apple has been working feverishly on the iTunes 7.0.1 update ever since users of the software crashed its support forums with complaints about frequent crashes, poor audio quality and interface graphic anomalies.

In the release notes for the 25MB update, Apple said only that: "iTunes 7.0.1 addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more."

Upon its release earlier this month, Apple billed iTunes 7 as the "most significant enhancement to the world?s most popular music jukebox and online music and video store since it debuted in 2001." It adds several new features such as the new album and Cover Flow views of music, TV shows and movies, enabling users to quickly find titles in their library as well as casually browse through and re-discover titles they already own.

In addition, iTunes 7.0 features integration with Apple's new iTunes movie store, which currently offers over 75 movies from Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, Touchstone Pictures and Miramax Films, that customers can purchase and download to watch on their computers and iPods.

During the first week of availability, Apple said it sold 125,000 movie downloads, generating about $1 million in revenue for Disney.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I can pause and un-pause in fullscreen just fine. It doesn't exit fullscreen for me.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    thank fuck for that
  • Reply 4 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

I can pause and un-pause in fullscreen just fine. It doesn't exit fullscreen for me.

It does for me. Podcast or movies, it deosn't matter. It did it in 7.0, and it does it now still.
  • Reply 5 of 44
    ..merged.
  • Reply 6 of 44
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    holy mother! 25 MB UPDATE for iTunes?!? i know it's not a great argument, but that's 1/3 the overall size of the entire application's uncompressed file size (why an audio player has to be 75 MB is a debate for another time). i mean, damn, you may as well call it iTunes 7.1 instead of 7.0.1.

that's says a lot about how this sucker got pushed out the door way before it was ready, to be available for download with the iTunes movie store. i wonder if they slipped behind schedule, or steve's schedule was too demanding? my guess is likely a little of both.
  • Reply 7 of 44
    Can anyone check if it solves this:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=67070
  • Reply 8 of 44
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    repair permissons after update. theres a lot of repairs. works good for me so far.
  • Reply 9 of 44
    i just use that update washer automator thing. it's free. it works. yup.
  • Reply 10 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icibaqu

i just use that update washer automator thing. it's free. it works. yup.

Uhhh... I have no idea what that is. Maybe you could provide us with a link, please?
  • Reply 11 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

What was wrong with this thread..

UMMMMMM I dunno if you've ever read AppleInsider before but a new thread is automatically generated for each news article. Eventually a moderator will combine the threads. Maybe you should message a moderator next time instead of just posting.
  • Reply 12 of 44
    BIG improivement for me!! See also this post for an update on my 7.0 horrorstory.
  • Reply 13 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

It also goes out of full-screen for me as well. I am on the 7.0.1 update as well.

Maybe there is some sort of Plug-in or something that allows for this??
  • Reply 14 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstewart38

UMMMMMM I dunno if you've ever read AppleInsider before but a new thread is automatically generated for each news article. Eventually a moderator will combine the threads. Maybe you should message a moderator next time instead of just posting.

...nah.
  • Reply 15 of 44
    No change !

It hasn't helped me.

My iPod (30GB) is still useless. I can't do anything with it since iTunes 7.

It's worthless.

Nothing works. BUT NOTHING.
  • Reply 16 of 44
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charko

No change !

It hasn't helped me.

My iPod (30GB) is still useless. I can't do anything with it since iTunes 7.

It's worthless.

Nothing works. BUT NOTHING.

I too had some iPod issues after migrating to 7, and just reseted it through iTunes and everything was fine since then.
  • Reply 17 of 44
    Charko

1 update your ipod -( when you start it pull it out and stick it back in)

2 restore your ipod -( when you start it pull it out and stick it back in)

voila
  • Reply 18 of 44
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstewart38

UMMMMMM I dunno if you've ever read AppleInsider before ...

so sayeth the guy with EIGHT posts to the guy with over THIRTEEN-HUNDRED posts.

• Reply 19 of 44
    For what it's worth, before this update anytime I copied something to my iPod, iTunes would hang while trying to get gapless information. With the update, it ran through gapless info without a hitch, and it looks like it is finally usable to me.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

...nah.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

so sayeth the guy with EIGHT posts to the guy with over THIRTEEN-HUNDRED posts.