Apple looks to squash bugs with iTunes 7.0.1

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

that's says a lot about how this sucker got pushed out the door way before it was ready,

Yeah... WAY before.... I mean, WAAAAYYY before it was ready.... Like a whole 2 weeks... Sheesh!
  • Reply 22 of 44
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    For what it's worth I've had no problems with iTunes other than aesthetics and features that have been removed. One thing I've noticed is iTunes is unable to match the performance Cover Flow offered as a standalone application.
  • Reply 23 of 44
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

holy mother! 25 MB UPDATE for iTunes?!? i know it's not a great argument, but that's 1/3 the overall size of the entire application's uncompressed file size (why an audio player has to be 75 MB is a debate for another time). i mean, damn, you may as well call it iTunes 7.1 instead of 7.0.1.

that's says a lot about how this sucker got pushed out the door way before it was ready, to be available for download with the iTunes movie store. i wonder if they slipped behind schedule, or steve's schedule was too demanding? my guess is likely a little of both.

Apple seems to just replace the entire application rather than make a patch program.
  • Reply 24 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

Apple seems to just replace the entire application rather than make a patch program.

This update has not improved anything for me. iTunes 7.0.1 is still as unusable as iTunes 7.0: the UI does not refresh, movies do not display, the new fancy album display modes do not work

(Dual 867 MHz PowerMac G4, 2GB RAM)

I miss iTunes 6.x
  • Reply 25 of 44
    I had no problems with 7.0. Now, 7.0.1 will randomly skip while playing. Even when absolutely nothing else is being done on my PC, it will skip. Not cool at all.
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

that's says a lot about how this sucker got pushed out the door way before it was ready, to be available for download with the iTunes movie store. i wonder if they slipped behind schedule, or steve's schedule was too demanding? my guess is likely a little of both.

It's funny how you assume things were rushed, despite Apple's reputation for half-assed work, or lack-there-of. My speculation is, like myself and many others that AREN'T complaigning, they didn't experience any problems. Other than laggyness, which perhaps a new machine or a dedicated iTunes machine with 10 albums would not experience, 7.0 is pretty revolutionary.

Rather than accusing Apple of sending a defective product intentionally, applaud them for quickly addressing the issues for their dedicated customers.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    No problems for me with 7 that I could notice luckily, no crashes or anything.... am going to DL the update anyway to see if I see in changes though regardless.
  • Reply 28 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rok

so sayeth the guy with EIGHT posts to the guy with over THIRTEEN-HUNDRED posts.

UMMMMMMM Ya so should he know???? *KISSES*
  • Reply 29 of 44
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRHain88

It's funny how you assume things were rushed, despite Apple's reputation for half-assed work, or lack-there-of. My speculation is, like myself and many others that AREN'T complaigning, they didn't experience any problems. Other than laggyness, which perhaps a new machine or a dedicated iTunes machine with 10 albums would not experience, 7.0 is pretty revolutionary.

Rather than accusing Apple of sending a defective product intentionally, applaud them for quickly addressing the issues for their dedicated customers.

you know what, on second thought, rather than posting my retort (congrats... you got under my skin), feel free to PM me and we can discuss this further, because i believe that your post is incorrect in about every other word, more or less.

p.s. apparently the update is available now, so this should solve a lot of problems. and yeah, i'm sure that there was absolutely nothing wrong, other than a lil' bit of the laggies, when apple ships an updater 1/3 the size of the installed app in about a week. yep, that's dedication. nope, in no way does it signal that apple somehow released an buggy product, despite their best efforts to meet the ipod shipping deadline (and the fact that coverflow was a standalone separate app up until a couple WEEKS before its integration... in fact having a minor update just a week prior to the announcement). nope, nothing fishy at all. and it's very revolutionary. in fact, i'd say with this update, it's revolutionar-IER!
  • Reply 30 of 44
    iTunes 7.0 worked fine for me no problems what so ever. Though when I pause a video in fullscreen it does exit fullscreen mode, that doesn't bother me all that much. What does bother me though is this link still on the Australian Apple website http://www.apple.com/au/g5processor/

Why is it still there?
  • Reply 31 of 44
    Damn ... other than the exiting from fullscreen when I pause there don't seem to be any other problems on this end.

Try reinstalling ... or better yet, just buy a new computer...
  • Reply 32 of 44
    I see this update fixes the Equalizer. Good job.

- Mark
  • Reply 33 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstewart38

UMMMMMMM Ya so should he know???? *KISSES*

Are you for real?

I hope you're a girl, cause those asterisk's surrounding kisses means you want to have sex with rok.
  • Reply 34 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Are you for real?

I hope you're a girl, cause those asterisk's surrounding kisses means you want to have sex with rok.

Hmm. A 13 year old, or a homophobe?

I'm guessing both.
  • Reply 35 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

Hmm. A 13 year old, or a homophobe?

I'm guessing both.

ROFLMAO
  • Reply 36 of 44
    Looks like iTunes 7.0.1 fixes the bug when adding artwork to multiple tracks, but I still can't GET INFO on many of my movie files. Anyone else getting that problem too?
  • Reply 37 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn

Looks like iTunes 7.0.1 fixes the bug when adding artwork to multiple tracks, but I still can't GET INFO on many of my movie files. Anyone else getting that problem too?

Can't say I'm having that "Get info" problem.
  • Reply 38 of 44
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Can't say I'm having that "Get info" problem.

I can get it, but it takes about half a second to pop up when it is a lot quicker with audio files. I wonder if there is a hang-up somewhere.

iTunes 7.0.0 also didn't authorize properly, for all the free sample tracks (song of the week, TV episode of the week) I downloaded using it, I had to enter my password, it refused to remember my password. Now it works fine.
  • Reply 39 of 44
    I hate it!!! It brook my iTunes! All i can do is listen to music get go back or forward! Its making me mad! One time the bar just stop reading I could tell what the song was. iTunes FROZE!!
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I can get it, but it takes about half a second to pop up when it is a lot quicker with audio files. I wonder if there is a hang-up somewhere.

I'll randomly pick video files in either Movies or TV Shows and right-click and choose GET INFO and nothing happens. Same if I do it via the menus. I tried waiting a bit too and nothing. What makes it curiouser is that I had added a few new clips and 4 of them let me GET INFO but 1 didn't, and then after I made some changes to the settings I couldn't Get Info on any of them anymore.