Apple re-seller: new MBP imminent

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
hey there - i know this topic has been squeezed dry in recent days/weeks, but I just popped into a local apple reseller & warranty-service provider to talk about buying a new 'puter.

They're fairly convinced a new MBP is a matter of weeks (if not days) : shipments of macbook & macbook pro have dried up, and local stock running very low - behaviour consistent with a new hardware release.

Perhaps there's something to the speculation of early/mid october.

I know its hardly conclusive, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Weeks? WEEKS!?!?!?! I have had enough of a wait. I think at this point the dissapoitment I have had has numbed me to any pain I feel when I find that it still hasn't been released. Sad thing is I am a hopefully-to-be PC convert and Apple is making it harder and harder for that to come true. Tough way to try to increase their market share if you ask me....
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Why did you have to open a new thread for this? Its not like it is new information...
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Why did you have to open a new thread for this? Its not like it is new information...

its not solid, its kinda new - there's plenty of speculation about it floating around...it was nice to have the situation confirmed by one of London's major resellers & warranty service providers.

As for "weeks", the impression I got was that weeks is closer to 2 than 5 or 6.

sorry about the new thread though. if an admin wants to move the thread then thats cool
  • Reply 4 of 18
    thanks for the info aaron, its still better than nothing...like a vision of an oasis for a man thirsting for the new mbp's...
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

thanks for the info aaron, its still better than nothing...like a vision of an oasis for a man thirsting for the new mbp's...

yeah bro, tell me about it!!! the only thing that gets me through is that i know i dont *need* one right now, however badly i wants it!!! Trying to look at it as an exercise in patience and delayed gratification...

have a mate who does need one for work purposes though - he's held off, and held off, and its cost him (time, if not money) the whole time. but he still doesn't know what to do - having waited this long, do you cut your losses or keep hoping for the best?
  • Reply 6 of 18
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felin

Weeks? WEEKS!?!?!?! I have had enough of a wait. I think at this point the dissapoitment I have had has numbed me to any pain I feel when I find that it still hasn't been released. Sad thing is I am a hopefully-to-be PC convert and Apple is making it harder and harder for that to come true. Tough way to try to increase their market share if you ask me....

How is it tough? Apple never said they'd already be shipping. You just need to learn to not fire yourself up so much for a product that nobody ever announced. That's not Apple's fault.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

How is it tough? Apple never said they'd already be shipping. You just need to learn to not fire yourself up so much for a product that nobody ever announced. That's not Apple's fault.

Its not that we have anything against apple or we are saying that it is apple's fault at all but when someone wants something real good real bad, it is bound to make one impatient...so i can understand that you are a huge apple fan but try and understand what others are feeling...especially when other PC vendors are talking about it, shipping it post dated...apple has not talked about it so thats why it gets one impatient..

On another note, thanks for the information..I was a PC user and in fact still am for work but for my personal use, I want to buy macbook pro..I have been waiting for months not because the existing macnbook pro is not good but because when you know that something new is right at the corner, you want to wait...so any information on a new macbook pro is a very welcome thing...even if it is just a speculation...
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

It's called "Future Hardware" and it involves Apple. This equals ridiculous expectations.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Based on the new article on appleinsider:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2095

It seems like another 6 weeks for the release of bacbook pros.

Here is the abstract:

It's unclear if Gelsinger was referring the MacBook Pro models released in February or the revised Core 2 Duo models due in the next six weeks. However, with Intel believed to have been largely responsible for Apple's Mac Pro released last month, it's likely he is implying the latter.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    as with many things in life, i think it's not necessarily the waiting that's annoying people but rather the uncertainty of it all. other pc makers may or may not have shipped their c2d laptops yet but at least people know they plan to release them. with apple, we're just not entirely sure if they will update mbp with c2d or wait until santa rosa so that makes the waiting harder.

good thing for me is that i don't really NEED a new laptop now so i can wait, plus other than the Asus w2p and the fact that windows vista is coming early next yr, i wouldn't buy a pc laptop now anyways. well, hopefully it'll come either on 10/10 or 10/17.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    I'm not sure where the dude above got 'another 6 weeks' out of the AI article. If Intel recently completed work on the Mobos for the new MBP, one can deduce:

1) they will be out soon

2) It is probably more than just a processor change, because Intel's help woudn't be needed for that

Also, if Intel helped with the internal design, I'd hope this laptop will support at least 4GB ram
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Hope for the best, it could be within six weeks
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

I'm not sure where the dude above got 'another 6 weeks' out of the AI article. If Intel recently completed work on the Mobos for the new MBP, one can deduce:

1) they will be out soon

2) It is probably more than just a processor change, because Intel's help woudn't be needed for that

Also, if Intel helped with the internal design, I'd hope this laptop will support at least 4GB ram

I got the 6 weeks from the article itself and i have copies the abstract from the article in the message also " or the revised Core 2 Duo models due in the next six weeks. " see the abstract or the full article itself..
  • Reply 14 of 18
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felin

See, here's the rub: if you did not know about the upcoming MBPs, then you would not worry about the upcoming C2D switch. Therefore, you would not feel that Apple has failed you. If you avoid Apple rumors sites in the future, then you can be more relaxed and confident in your purchases. Since you'd never know that a new version had been released, you would still feel that your computer is top of the line. Gateway to bliss, if you ask me.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sororca

Hope for the best, it could be within six weeks

Whoops, reading comprehension issues, sorry! I must be blind, or sleep deprived, or both!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    abhayabhay Posts: 45member
    Interesting article about macbook pro and the new core 2 duo chips: Obviously there are lot of sites discussing this but it seems that core duo 2 didn't add much value for a change based on pcworld...

http://www.spymac.com/news/article.php?contentid=5253
  • Reply 17 of 18
    tekmoetekmoe Posts: 16member
    bleh. phooey on spymac. i still say they new mbp's are on the verge of being released. i can taste them.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

Interesting article about macbook pro and the new core 2 duo chips: Obviously there are lot of sites discussing this but it seems that core duo 2 didn't add much value for a change based on pcworld...

http://www.spymac.com/news/article.php?contentid=5253

But they add a little value. If I was shopping for a laptop, at this point I'd definitely wait for merom. Even a subtle improvement is an improvement, and I'd rather have 64 bit just to be on the safe side for future compatibility.