Gen 2 Nano - Random Pauses

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the "auto pausing" that the Nano does when you pull the headphones out? I ordered a 2nd gen Nano the day they were announced... but then I stopped by my local Apple store as well... I didn't expect them to have them yet, but they did, so I picked one up. By the time I got home to cancel my online order, it was too late. Since it was easier to return the one I got at the store, that's what I did and kept the one I ordered online. Unfortunately, it seems the slightest movement of the headphones makes it pause. I'm guessing there is a problem with the jack. It does it with any headphones that I try. It's a nice feature and all, but if it fails, it makes the iPod pretty much useless. Quite frankly, I really don't care if it pauses or not when I unplug the headphones... I usually turn it off and lock it and just leave the headphones plugged in anyway. I know it can be done in software/firmware as Rockbox had implemented this in their firmware for other iPods. I hate to have to deal with sending the thing back for something like this. At least I still have my original 1st gen Nano to use if I have to send it back. I'm guessing I already know the answer... just have that tiny bit of hope that we all do that maybe there is an option other than sending it back.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joey

Unfortunately, it seems the slightest movement of the headphones makes it pause. I'm guessing there is a problem with the jack.

Just got my nano today and noticed this "feature".

I hate it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgs

Just got my nano today and noticed this "feature".

I hate it.

Just thought I'd add that apparently it is *not* a feature of the iPod to pause when the headphones are removed... as testing it now shows that it still continues to play when I remove the headphones.

The random pausing is very strange... and extremely annoying! Although I don't seem to have a problem with it now that I've added a marware sport grip case... I wonder if static electricity or some other factor is involved? I've seen reports (after Googling) of this apparently being a major problem with other people (just Google "ipod random pause").

Anyone else having this type of problem with their iPods?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    it is a feature. it doesn't stop by mistake.

try with different headphones and if you keep getting random pauses take it back to the store. my nano doesn't pause randomly, only when i pull the headphones out consciously.