creative zen on apple/super drive

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok, i have two questions here.

firstly, i have a creative zen touch. its dying a bit, but i can get at least another year out of id say. however, it doesnt work with my mac. at all. just not compatible with apple os. if i got parallels, would i be able to install drivers and run it through that? can anyone suggest any other possible solutions, as theyd be much appreciated; even just being able to charge it through the usb of my macbook would be nice, as i cant as it is. it recognises it and knows what it is, but wont do anything with it.

secondly, can i put 3" cds into my super drive? i imagine not, but hey, who knows?

man, i sound like a such a noob here :.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heliotrope

firstly, i have a creative zen touch. its dying a bit, but i can get at least another year out of id say. however, it doesnt work with my mac. at all. just not compatible with apple os. if i got parallels, would i be able to install drivers and run it through that? can anyone suggest any other possible solutions, as theyd be much appreciated; even just being able to charge it through the usb of my macbook would be nice, as i cant as it is. it recognises it and knows what it is, but wont do anything with it.

It seems a bit strange that it doesn't even charge. That shouldn't have anything to do with the computer. As far as I know, the computer doesn't decide whether or not to provide voltage to the relevant pins, it just does it all the time. So if you plug the Zen in, it should charge.

I would have thought that it would work with parallels, but you'd have to go to their website and double-check the status of USB support. Otherwise, Boot Camp would 99.99% definitely work.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heliotrope

secondly, can i put 3" cds into my super drive?

No, sorry. That's the drawback of slot loaders. But I've only seen one 3" CD in my life, so I imagine not many people run into the problem.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    i dropped it for the billionth time today and it doesnt work properly anymore now anyway, so i guess it isnt so bad...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Time to get an iPod?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i think it is... although if i could run a creative on this, i would, because i have no complaints about it; its only my clumsiness thats broken it, in terms of usability, durability and battery life i have no issues at all, it seems much better than the iPods friends have had...