Steve Jobs to keynote Macworld San Francisco 2007

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
IDG World Expo on Tuesday announced that Apple chief executive Steve Jobs will deliver the opening keynote address for 2007 Macworld Conference & Expo.

The conference is slated to take place at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center January 8-12, 2007. Jobs' keynote address will be held on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. at Moscone West.

"Steve?s keynote is always a great way to kick off the biggest Mac event of the year,? said David Korse, CEO of IDG World Expo. "We?ve added several new features to this year?s event, and we?re working hard to make this the most entertaining and informative Macworld ever."

Macworld Conference and Expo 2007 will host creative professionals from a cross-section of industries including design, print, online, photography, broadcast, videography and music.

In addition to an exhibit floor featuring over 350 companies, the event will also offer a conference with over 120 educational sessions, and a set of exhibit floor attractions including a free training series, an interactive Digital Photography area and live Music and Sound product demonstrations.

Event highlights, conference agenda and registration information are available on the Macworld Conference & Expo Web site.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    first post!

Let's hope this one will be the video iPod...

Still, with the amount of speculation going on these days, I don't think there's much Steve will pull out of his pocket that will really surprise us. We've been screaming for the real video iPod and the iPhone for ages...
  • Reply 2 of 60
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamezog

first post!

Let's hope this one will be the video iPod...

Screw that. Let's hope for a surprise Leopard Release.
  • Reply 3 of 60
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    EVERYONE LOSE YOUR FREAKING MINDS!!?!?!?!o!(!!()&@)U7JHG0QHGF
  • Reply 4 of 60
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Screw That Let's Hope It's The Iphone..ERR...TABLET....MACBOOK MINI....ERRRR...CUBEDEUX....ERRRR....(PTFO)
  • Reply 5 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub

Screw that. Let's hope for a surprise Leopard Release.

I'm hoping that might be even sooner than Macworld. But Macworld at the latest.
  • Reply 6 of 60
    on second thought, screw it all. Here's my official prediction: Steve is going to announce that he's going to donate all of his $1 a year salary to the Gates Foundation, and then retire.

Yay, 100th post!
  • Reply 7 of 60
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamezog

I'm hoping that might be even sooner than Macworld.

nar, no chance
  • Reply 8 of 60
    I think you will all finally get CD2 MacBook Pro..... it might not ship right away, but he'll announce it at the key note!
  • Reply 9 of 60
    I'm hoping for the iCar.
  • Reply 10 of 60
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    It's nice that it's a confirmed thing, but I don't see it as a surprising thing. It almost seems like a given, I don't remember him not doing the MWSF keynote since he started his job as interim CEO.
  • Reply 11 of 60
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Another lackluster show and I delete all my Apple bookmarks.
  • Reply 12 of 60
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

I think you will all finally get CD2 MacBook Pro..... it might not ship right away, but he'll announce it at the ket note!

you do know that macworld is in january? i think we will have c2d MB's and MBP's by then. probably by the end of this month.
  • Reply 13 of 60
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Jobs will announce the G5 Powerbook!

(You know that someone, sooner or later was going to post that.)
  • Reply 14 of 60
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akerman

I'm hoping for the iCar.

Don't get your hopes up
  • Reply 15 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

you do know that macworld is in january? i think we will have c2d MB's and MBP's by then. probably by the end of this month.

I know I could be wrong , but I am predicting Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros any day now.

I don't think Core 2 Duo MacBooks will be released until MacWorld SF in January or thereabouts.

First off, Apple is currently not keeping up with demand for MacBooks, why should they increase demand which they can't take full advantage of. If they go up to C2D in the Pro line, it will create a bigger distinction between the lines and will push some people who would otherwise buy a MacBook up to the Pro line. Right now, the MacBook Pro has gone the longest without a significant upgrade. MacBook Pro customers are also much more likely to defer a purchase in order to wait for the latest technology, many people who purchase the MacBooks don't even know the difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo anyway and for the most part, those who do and who have to have C2D will move up to the Pro line.

Once they are able to fulfill all MacBook demand and the prices of C2D come down, it will go into the MacBooks. It would be a mistake to raise prices in order to put the C2D into the MacBook as I believe that that would have a greater negative effect than leaving it with the Core Duo.
  • Reply 16 of 60
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Meh. Burned out. Too many times getting burned by idiotic rumors. Don't really care.
  • Reply 17 of 60
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    I predict that he will announce that Apple will buy Sun and move all of their software to SPARC.
  • Reply 18 of 60
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    iLife and iWork updates.

iWork to get Numbers.

iLife to get update to all apps. Something tells me we will see iDVD give support to Blu-ray.

Mac Pro's will have support for built-to-order Blu-ray drive. Just speculation but I personally never understood the meaning behind having a dual optical drive of the same function.

Other than that, iPhone would be nice, iPod update would be nice (for the real video iPod).

Realistically I dunno what else to expect.
  • Reply 19 of 60
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Meh. Burned out. Too many times getting burned by idiotic rumors. Don't really care.

Have you ever considered reparing permissions, I hear it fixes all.
  • Reply 20 of 60
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brendon

Have you ever considered reparing permissions, I hear it fixes all.

It's better to take responsibility than to beg permissions.