Steve Jobs to keynote Macworld San Francisco 2007

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    Quote:

Realistically I dunno what else to expect.

the REAL iTV and a full blown movie download service (not just disney).

and yes all the usual stuff.

iphone

video ipods

updated mac pros

Maybe Adobe CS3 for intel macs

Leopard release

New smaller shuffles that you can fit inside your ear.

icouch to sit on when watching your itv

• Reply 22 of 60
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman

iLife and iWork updates.

iWork to get Numbers.

iLife to get update to all apps.

iWork will get updated, and so will iLife.

iWork '07 will no longer be sold as a seperate package, it will be part of iLife '07.

And iLife '07 with iWork included will be part of Leopard, with Front Row 2.0 etc. = "The complete package!!"
  • Reply 23 of 60
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

iWork '07 will no longer be sold as a seperate package, it will be part of iLife '07.

And iLife '07 with iWork included will be part of Leopard, with Front Row 2.0 etc. = "The complete package!!"

This is one I'd love to see. Integrating iLife with iWork would be SWEEEEEET, especially if it still comes packaged with OS X. Definitely takes the whole "works right out of teh box" concept to the next level. 8)
  • Reply 24 of 60
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub

Screw that. Let's hope for a surprise Leopard Release.

What surprise? The Expo is in January. Isn't that when Leopard is supposed to come out?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't released because when else could they announce it?

I think it's way too early to be talking about rumors though. We're talking about 3 months from now. I would hope to see hardware updates long before that.
  • Reply 25 of 60
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Cue the whines of the standard install being in excess of 30 GB...
  • Reply 26 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCentric

I know I could be wrong , but I am predicting Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros any day now.

I don't think Core 2 Duo MacBooks will be released until MacWorld SF in January or thereabouts.

First off, Apple is currently not keeping up with demand for MacBooks, why should they increase demand which they can't take full advantage of. If they go up to C2D in the Pro line, it will create a bigger distinction between the lines and will push some people who would otherwise buy a MacBook up to the Pro line. Right now, the MacBook Pro has gone the longest without a significant upgrade. MacBook Pro customers are also much more likely to defer a purchase in order to wait for the latest technology, many people who purchase the MacBooks don't even know the difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo anyway and for the most part, those who do and who have to have C2D will move up to the Pro line.

Once they are able to fulfill all MacBook demand and the prices of C2D come down, it will go into the MacBooks. It would be a mistake to raise prices in order to put the C2D into the MacBook as I believe that that would have a greater negative effect than leaving it with the Core Duo.

I guess I should make better use of the [/sarcasm] tag
  • Reply 27 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

I think it's way too early to be talking about rumors though. We're talking about 3 months from now. I would hope to see hardware updates long before that.

Especially when they promised a "series of announcements" last month...
  • Reply 28 of 60
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamezog

Especially when they promised a "series of announcements" last month...

when was this?
  • Reply 29 of 60
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    How late can Apple pull Leopard out the hat without fear of Microsoft ripping it off wholesale?

If Leopard does have killer new features that Apple are trying to keep mum (like a new interface), then how long would it take Microsoft to copy it and use it in Longhorn?
  • Reply 30 of 60
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

What surprise? The Expo is in January. Isn't that when Leopard is supposed to come out?

No. Spring.
  • Reply 31 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

when was this?

at the Showtime event. Steve mentioned something about Showtime being the first in a series of product / service releases in coming months. From that, I'm expecting to hear something before Macworld.

Or maybe I just seeing things...?
  • Reply 32 of 60
    We're due for a hand-held consumer related Macworld. Last year the Mac theme was pretty dominant, with almost no mention of anything iPod. My guess: cell phones will be the main topic for 2007...
  • Reply 33 of 60
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros

I predict that he will announce that Apple will buy Sun and move all of their software to SPARC.

I second that motion!!!
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Could the pre-announcement of the iTV doohickey also have been to avoid stealing thunder from some of the other planned announcements?
  • Reply 35 of 60
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    I wonder why they announce this so early.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah

How late can Apple pull Leopard out the hat without fear of Microsoft ripping it off wholesale?

If Leopard does have killer new features that Apple are trying to keep mum (like a new interface), then how long would it take Microsoft to copy it and use it in Longhorn?

well i'm no expert, but i hardly think (considering the importance of the release) microsoft would be wanting to be coding new features the day before the release!

seems like if the november/january release dates are met it's getting a bit late in the day for major changes to that turkey
  • Reply 37 of 60
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

It's better to take responsibility than to beg permissions.

El Wrongo, it is better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

L8r, Ty
  • Reply 38 of 60
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Would love it if there was a surprise early arrival of UB Creative Suite announcement from Adobe at MWSF...not betting on it, but it would be nice.
  • Reply 39 of 60
    Before Thanksgiving: Core2Duo MBPs

Definitely at MacWorld:

- Steve will show the TOP SECRET features of Leopard

1) New GUI - bu bye Aqua

2) New Finder - bu bye beach ball

3) FrontRow 2.0 (almost identical to iTV interface)

4) Earth (Google Earth with an Apple twist)

5) ???

- Leopard's ship date will be announced -> February 27th

- iLife '07

- iWork '07

- iTV will be unveiled and available for purchase immediately.

- more studios onboard for iTunes movies

One More Thing... iPhone(s)

Don't expect any more than that.

That is more than enough for 1 keynote.
  • Reply 40 of 60
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brendon

El Wrongo, it is better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

L8r, Ty

Ah, youth.