End of 'free' iPod offer to coincide with the new MB release?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Do you think the new MB/MBPs will be announced at the end of this offer? It doesn't seem likely that they'd come any time before, although people were speculating it would be earlier in this week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spencerkaye

Do you think the new MB/MBPs will be announced at the end of this offer? It doesn't seem likely that they'd come any time before, although people were speculating it would be earlier in this week.

Are you talking about the educational promo. That ended last month (and didn't produce any new MacBooks ). Is there a new promo? I couldn't find it on the website...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miggs97

Are you talking about the educational promo. That ended last month (and didn't produce any new MacBooks ). Is there a new promo? I couldn't find it on the website...

It's the up-to-£100-off-new-Nano (the 2Gb being £99) when you buy a new Mac - available in the UK Store until 7 Oct 06. As it's not worldwide I can't see this being an indication of new models.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    iPod offer ended long before ... which offer are you talking abt???

newer MBP may come out in Jan MWSF 2007
  • Reply 4 of 6
    someone reported the Ipod deal had been extended in Denmark (or switzerland...cant remember) too. perhaps its just a european thing
  • Reply 5 of 6
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Friday (,October 7th) isn't a likely date to introduce new or upgraded hardware

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam

iPod offer ended long before ... which offer are you talking abt???

newer MBP may come out in Jan MWSF 2007

In Europe it is extended untill October 7th 2006.

Apple can't afford to wait half a year before updating the MacBook Pro to Merom.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes

It's the up-to-£100-off-new-Nano (the 2Gb being £99) when you buy a new Mac - available in the UK Store until 7 Oct 06. As it's not worldwide I can't see this being an indication of new models.

It's £100 off the old nano. They maybe have some old stock in the UK of the white and black ipod nanos. I thought it would be the new ones at first but it's just the plastic ones.