Windows iTunes 7.01.... album art!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all,

I have been using iTunes method to retrieve album art for my music -- none of that transfers to my iPod! However, the songs in which I've manually added album art seems to work just fine, before I upgraded to 7.0/.01.

Any help is appreciated... thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    In the iPod Preferences, do you have the box checked to transfer album art?

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 4
    There's no such option in Windows... not that I can see.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'm actually having the same problem with the OS X version. I upgraded a couple of nights ago and used the "find album art" feature to dig up some of the covers that I didn't have. When I put some of the new CD's I imported onto my iPod, the album art didn't appear. I tried to manually add it to the pod, but no dice. I did check and do have the "transfer album art" box checked. I'll mess around with it some more tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Anyone else? Might just be another bug that has yet to be squashed.

I'm running OSX 10.4.7 on a MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    If the bug is what I think it might be, try this...

Pick a song, any song, that had new artwork added to it. Make some arbitrary change to the song info, like adding an X at the end of the song name. Make sure that change is really entered (close the info dialog, or click on another song if you were editing directly in the library window). Then undo that change.

Sync your iPod, and see if the artwork shows up for that one song.

My guess here is that when the new artwork is being added, the file modification dates for your songs perhaps aren't being changed. When you sync your iPod, the stuff with the new artwork, as far as the sync routine knows, is the same as what's already on your iPod (going by modification dates alone), so the sync routine doesn't bother to copy that stuff and the new artwork that goes with it.

If my guess is correct (and it's only a guess... I haven't had the problem you're having) arbitrarily tweaking a file so that it's got a new, later modification date will get that song, and its artwork, moved over to your iPod.