irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella

Before Thanksgiving: Core2Duo MBPs

Definitely at MacWorld:

- Steve will show the TOP SECRET features of Leopard

1) New GUI - bu bye Aqua

2) New Finder - bu bye beach ball

3) FrontRow 2.0 (almost identical to iTV interface)

4) Earth (Google Earth with an Apple twist)

5) ???

- Leopard's ship date will be announced -> February 27th

- iLife '07

- iWork '07

- iTV will be unveiled and available for purchase immediately.

- more studios onboard for iTunes movies

One More Thing... iPhone(s)

Don't expect any more than that.

That is more than enough for 1 keynote.

You're not asking for much are you?
  • Reply 42 of 60
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Or maybe they'll NEVER announce Leopard out of fear somebody might copy its features. They'll just use it internally. The whole "super-secret" thing is WAY too silly and belongs in a kindergarten.
  • Reply 43 of 60
    I've got one word for ya...NEWTON!!!
  • Reply 44 of 60
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Meh. Burned out. Too many times getting burned by idiotic rumors. Don't really care.

Me too mate, mee too. They warned me, but it happened anyway. Couldn't give a flying frack at this stage, I'm more looking forward to Lost starting. That or cutting my fingernails, bugger, it's getting a bit long.

Let's just say I won't be starting the official countdown thread for MWSF2007. The rumor fuzz is just too thick to dive into over the next few months. (sexual reference unintended, but bonus points if you work it out).

Meh indeed. Meh indeed. Can't wait to see what Shawn Wu trawls up.

First let me say, THERE WILL BE NO FRICKING MID-TOWER WITH GPU OPTIONS AND SH1T!!! GET THE F**K OVER IT ALREADY BI&CHES!!!!! Muahah ah hah ah ah ahah ahah a h h hhhah h hah ahahah ah h ah ah ha haha ha h hh a ahahaha hha

iPhone, iCar, iPlant, iLeopard, iDisco, iEtc, iWidescreenPod, etc. etc. etc. Everything and the iKitchenSink. Pffft.

We should be out fighting terrorism instead of salivating over every dribble of Apple news..!!! Oh wait, in USA you fight terror with your credit card. Got it. 8)

• Reply 45 of 60
    My dreams of reaching 6,000 posts crumbles before my eyes... *sob* I'm all juiced out. It was the no Merom MacBookPros at Sep25 announcement that did it. Damn.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    hej Steve! My Bday is on Halloween!! I am so much looking forward to unwrap this 15" parcel

Aperture did finally make it to Apple's frontpage today, slowly setting the mood for other PRO arrivals?

As to the 2007 keynote > A surprise Leopard release with build in iWork and a state of the art Frontrow will pave the way for iTv which will be the star of the show.
  • Reply 47 of 60
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah

If Leopard does have killer new features that Apple are trying to keep mum (like a new interface), then how long would it take Microsoft to copy it and use it in Longhorn?

Well it's taken them 6 years to get Vista this far so I'm guessing quite long.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

No. Spring.

I was hoping for earlier than March. Still, they might announce more features in January.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lakingsfn

I've got one word for ya...NEWTON!!!

That would be something. The all new Mac PDA with phone, internet and ipod.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck

The whole "super-secret" thing is WAY too silly and belongs in a kindergarten.

Yeah. It seems to work though. I don't think there are many companies whose announcements are as highly anticipated as Apple's short of the games consoles and even they are quite secretive at times.
  • Reply 48 of 60
    EXPECTATIONS vs. APPLE. Apple's main competition is not another computer company. Their main competitors (and the reason for all the let-downs on keynote day) are high, false expectations created by rumors.

But who cares? To chime in with a ridiculous rumor of my own, I'll fall back on my old standby - Apple iGlasses. Plug them into to your iPod for a virtual iMax experience - virtual surround sound and 3-story screen. iGlasses. 1 theater in your pocket.

Comes with stereo iSight cameras and microphones built right in, so you can record your experiences in 3D.
  • Reply 49 of 60
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by purpleshorts

EXPECTATIONS vs. APPLE. Apple's main competition is not another computer company. Their main competitors (and the reason for all the let-downs on keynote day) are high, false expectations created by rumors.

But who cares? To chime in with a ridiculous rumor of my own, I'll fall back on my old standby - Apple iGlasses. Plug them into to your iPod for a virtual iMax experience - virtual surround sound and 3-story screen. iGlasses. 1 theater in your pocket.

Comes with stereo iSight cameras and microphones built right in, so you can record your experiences in 3D.

Some gadget guy on the radio demoed something like this. They used it with one of those portable DVD players I believe. It would be the perfect companion to a Video iPod. Imagine a five hour flight with your own personal multiplex movie theater. MMMmmm
  • Reply 50 of 60
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Ah, youth.

Youth HELL, that is life.

There are limits though, stop at felony!!
  • Reply 51 of 60
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    Is this even news? Does Steve ever not do the keynote when it's held in SF?
  • Reply 52 of 60
    That's what I was thinking. - 'Jobs to keynote Macworld SF?!'

Isn't that like saying - 'Bush to urge Stay-The-Course stratigery in Iraq?!'\
  • Reply 53 of 60
    Quote:

Definitely at MacWorld:

1) New GUI - bu bye Aqua

5) ???

- iLife '07

- iWork '07

Sorry, for me that's going to be a lame MacWorld. I guess I'm all RDF'ed and Keynote'd out *sigh*

edit: You forgot iWork '07 to have a spreadsheet app.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    Quote:

Definitely at MacWorld:

1) New GUI - bu bye Aqua

5) ???

- iLife '07

- iWork '07

Heh. Presenting Apple iEarth. Now with military-grade realtime satellite imagery for most non-classified regions of the world. iSpy with my little eye... my neighbour banging my wife

(Heh. There's always this line, and I always seem to cross it just a little bit...)

Also with iTrack implanted somewhere in your kids, iEarth will give you real-time satellite tracking and imagery.

Actually, just revealed : All iPods made in the past three years have iTrack built in...!!! So now with iEarth when you buy iLife '07, you get to track your kids, wife, car(s), yourself, all with just buying iLife '07....!!!
  • Reply 55 of 60
    *WARNING ADULT CONTENT*

I'm on a rude streak here... Steve Jobs: "So, we think we've started of on a great note this year. But... we have one last thing... *regulatory gasps and applause* ...You're all probably wondering why you had to be over 18 to come into this keynote. Well, you know, we did some market research, and we found that women aged 30 to 45 weren't really buying iPods. Sure, you had the athletic types using them for gym workouts and running and stuff like that. But your average 30 to 45-year old women, you know, they have needs beyond just music. Trust me, I know. So available today, we're presenting, the iPod iDildo. Take all the pleasure of your iPod music, video, movies and games, and come up a couple of notches. We think it will be a big seller. Here to present a demo is......."
  • Reply 56 of 60
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac~N~Cheese

That's what I was thinking. - 'Jobs to keynote Macworld SF?!'

Isn't that like saying - 'Bush to urge Stay-The-Course stratigery in Iraq?!'\

See also: Fire is hot and water is wet.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

*WARNING ADULT CONTENT*

Oh, we're all adults here... didn't you get the memo?
  • Reply 58 of 60
    ipod touchscreen. all your zune are belong to us.
  • Reply 59 of 60
    Quote:

Oh, we're all adults here... didn't you get the memo?

Heh. Y'all may be over 18, but some of us don't act like it Well, like me. Heh.
  • Reply 60 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

ipod touchscreen. all your zune are belong to us.

Yes, unless iPod TouchWidescreen comes only in Brown.