Microsoft says Zune to sell for $249

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 174
    personally, i would have chosen a combination with orange, instead of green.

or a lighter brown stripe.
  • Reply 162 of 174
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Now that's an interesting effect but I can't help but think that there are a half dozen better color choices in terms of popularity. It's not something that I think is a good idea if Microsoft was trying to start a new color trend. Sure, there are going to be plenty of fans, but I think the main reason it's being noticed is that it's not white or black. I have to admit that there need to be a wider offering of choices, but I still don't think brown is going to be a blockbuster, except for the reason that it's not white or black.

As an aside, my dad used to have an irridescent paint that flips between purple, blue and green based on the relative angles of the light, part and observer. The shocker is the price, it was $450 US for a pint.
  • Reply 163 of 174
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    I wonder if the top, clear layer on these have any polarizing film on them. That is how the MacBook gloosy displays keep glare down. If you look at your display at an acute angle from either side, you get a "yellowing" effect (that I think looks cool) and if you view it from above you get a slight "bluing" effect. I've never noticed this on an iPod (I lost mine last month ) but the bigger a handheld screen gets the more necessary it may be to use anti-glare techniques.

I've used prismatic paints a few times and I have been waiting for Apple to try it in some way, perhaps in the iPod Nano. It makes black so cool by using the same crystal effects that give irredescence to butterflies and mallard heads. If these crystals were mixed with the brown maybe it would be cool .... or look like crushed, brown butterflies...
  • Reply 164 of 174
    How does one put a picture in a response?
  • Reply 165 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

I really don't get the combination with green.

It is supposed to look like a milk chocolate thin mint.
  • Reply 166 of 174
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReCompile

It is supposed to look like a milk chocolate thin mint.

I've found After Eight to be good-tasting, but this?
  • Reply 167 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReCompile

How does one put a picture in a response?

You have to have a web host and link to an image using the "insert image" button in the posting page. Imageshack will do in a pinch if you don't have a web host.
  • Reply 168 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

You have to have a web host and link to an image using the "insert image" button in the posting page. Imageshack will do in a pinch if you don't have a web host.

You Da Man... Thanks.
  • Reply 169 of 174
    While we are on a Domo-kun streak, this one's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDAUTKy80c
  • Reply 170 of 174
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

While we are on a Domo-kun streak, this one's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDAUTKy80c

That rocked. For a big-ass brown rectangular costume thingy, it was pulling off some real funky moves.
  • Reply 171 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGregor

I've used prismatic paints a few times and I have been waiting for Apple to try it in some way, perhaps in the iPod Nano. It makes black so cool by using the same crystal effects that give irredescence to butterflies and mallard heads. If these crystals were mixed with the brown maybe it would be cool .... or look like crushed, brown butterflies...

Presenting.... the iPod Bio. Now containing at least 50% crushed butterfly wings!! 8)

Choose from 8 different species of near-extinct butterflies for iPod colours that really dazzle...!!

Steve Jobs: "You know, we worked really hard to make sure we had recycling programs for old iPods and their batteries, and even used much less packaging in our iPod nano line. But still we were taking heat from all sorts of enviro-groups. I was like, "Bitches, I'm vegan, do you know that?" but they still kept on coming. So one day Ives and I decided to have a few cones and voila - the iPod Bio. We just decided, F*CK this shit, we're working our asses off to make cool stuff that brings in tons of profits for shareholders yet produce much less waste in a year than MacDonalds does in a day, and still these environuts have a go at us. So yeah, F*CK IT. GO ENJOY YOUR CRUSHED NEAR-EXTINCT BUTTERFLY WING-COATED IPOD BIOS..................Bitches."

• Reply 172 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

That rocked. For a big-ass brown rectangular costume thingy, it was pulling off some real funky moves.

That's true. Also, YouTube apparently has a lot of different Domo-kun videos.

Until recently, this picture is the only place I've seen them:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/196/2...thekittens.jpg
  • Reply 173 of 174
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

I was like, "Bitches, I'm vegan, do you know that?" but they still kept on coming.

...we're working our asses off to make cool stuff that brings in tons of profits for shareholders yet produce much less waste in a year than MacDonalds does in a day, and still these environuts have a go at us.

brilliant.
  • Reply 174 of 174
    Steve Jobs continues: "So you all probably think we're really evil by now. But there's one more thing... *regulatory audience gasp* ...Since we're only putting in the crushed butterfly wings into iPod Bios, we re-use the rest of the crushed butterfly. I won't say too much, but *cough* KFC secret recipe *cough*... Also yeah, it's in Jaegermeister. We got a special partnership with them, it's free at all the infinitely awesome parties we throw every now and then at Infinte Loop... Employees getting high on Jaeger and making out with each other is better for keeping things, well, "in the family" (rather than that Internet- or speed-dating nonsense). Oh, also we've got a deal going with Fear Factor this TV season. Let's just say "feeling like you have butterflies in your stomach" is going to take on a whole new meaning...