how to avoid duplicates in playlists?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
when manually adding songs to a playlist i would like to get some kind of warning if those songs already exist in that playlist.

is there a way to activate that kind of functionality?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Wrong forum... but here's something that could help.

When viewing you playlist go to View-->Show Duplicates and it will show if you have a track in there more than once. It's not an alert, but it will help.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion

Wrong forum...

strange .. i could have sworn that i went to the iPod/iTunes forum to post this ...

perhaps a moderator would be so kind to move this thread

i know about the "show duplicates", but that would entail checking each time i add som songs or an album to my playlist. what i would need/expect is a dialog box that warns me: "these songs already exist in this playlist. Are you sure you want to add them again? Yes/No"

it doesn't really make sense to have the same song more than once in a playlist...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryan.fury

it doesn't really make sense to have the same song more than once in a playlist...

Actually I like that. For instance I have a playlist I use when going to sleep and I start and end with the same song. At first though I was thinking "why wouldn't this warn me or something?" but now I have used duplicates in lots of playlists.