Proof that there is no god

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

The universe is infinite in time and space. If you look at a single atom in your finger, you'll find a universe with galaxies and solar sytems within it and and planets with humanities in them. And this humanity has atom with universes and so forth. This is the infinitely small as represented by the triangle pointing down. If we look beyond our universe, we will see that we are part of an atom that is part of a solar system that in another universe and this universe is part of an atom and so forth. This is the infinitely large as represented by the triangle pointing up. The swirl within the Star of David repesents infinity of time. There is no beginning and no end. The universe has always existed and will always exists. And that's what the medallion in my avatar symbolizes. So knowing that, where would this "God" be located? The best description at this point about "God" is that it is infinity as described above. But this infinity has no intelligence and no consciousness. Therefore no "God". Eventually we will have the scientific knowledge to physically prove this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 233
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Its turtles, all the way down.
  • Reply 2 of 233
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    The only thing that you proved is that you don't get the concept of a deity at all.
  • Reply 3 of 233
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raelian1

The universe is infinite in time and space.

Not much sense is reading the rest of your post, when your first statement is completely false.
  • Reply 4 of 233
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    This thread belongs in Apple Outsider, not General Discussion. Please read the posting guidelines before starting threads.
  • Reply 5 of 233
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

The universe is infinite in time and space. If you look at a single atom in your finger, you'll find a universe with galaxies and solar sytems within it and and planets with humanities in them. And this humanity has atom with universes and so forth. This is the infinitely small as represented by the triangle pointing down. If we look beyond our universe, we will see that we are part of an atom that is part of a solar system that in another universe and this universe is part of an atom and so forth. This is the infinitely large as represented by the triangle pointing up. The swirl within the Star of David repesents infinity of time. There is no beginning and no end. The universe has always existed and will always exists. And that's what the medallion in my avatar symbolizes. So knowing that, where would this "God" be located? The best description at this point about "God" is that it is infinity as described above. But this infinity has no intelligence and no consciousness. Therefore no "God". Eventually we will have the scientific knowledge to physically prove this.

So tell me, what do the triangles pointing left and right mean?
  • Reply 6 of 233
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Each stem of grass is shorter than the next.
  • Reply 7 of 233
    Quote:

If you look at a single atom in your finger, you'll find a universe with galaxies and solar sytems within it and and planets with humanities in them.

It helps if you watch "Animal House" and get stoned first.
  • Reply 8 of 233
    i dont know about the space stuff

but there in NO god

god is just a brainfart of humanity
  • Reply 9 of 233
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Hmmm... here we go again

Try this...

Pascal's wager.

Everyone has a choice... either,

1: I believe in the existance of God or,

2: I do not believe that God exists.

Therefore..

1: If one believes God exists, and God in fact does exist, then one shall gain infinite happiness.

2: If one believes God exists, and God in fact does not exist, then one shall have no payoff.

On the other hand...

1: If one does not believe God exists, and God in fact does exist, then one shall gain infinite pain.

2: If one believes God does not exist, and God in fact does not exist, then one shall have no payoff.

Conclusion: One has everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God, and everything to lose and nothing to gain by not believing in God. Therefore one would be foolish not to believe.

There are also numerous mathematical probability formulae available to calculate the existence of God, most of which result in favour of the existence of God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_D._Unwin

Now... back to your usual programming.
  • Reply 10 of 233
    P...LEASE!!!!!!!!! Shouldn't this ridiculous banter be located in Apple Outsider so I don't have to read it?
  • Reply 11 of 233
    Rael is a cult, for poor misguided souls like Raelian.

http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/csrpl/RINVol4No2/Rael.htm

Quote:

But this infinity has no intelligence and no consciousness.

So uh... People and other animals are not a part of the universe?
  • Reply 12 of 233
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Whether that makes sense or not, I must ask this question: Are you on crack?
  • Reply 13 of 233
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Metaphysics is for those with nothing better to do. It begins on a nothing premise, and concludes by delivering nothing.
  • Reply 14 of 233
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMac

Try this...

Pascal's wager.

Everyone has a choice... either,

1: I believe in the existance of God or,

2: I do not believe that God exists.

Therefore..

1: If one believes God exists, and God in fact does exist, then one shall gain infinite happiness.

2: If one believes God exists, and God in fact does not exist, then one shall have no payoff.

On the other hand...

1: If one does not believe God exists, and God in fact does exist, then one shall gain infinite pain.

2: If one believes God does not exist, and God in fact does not exist, then one shall have no payoff.

Conclusion: One has everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God, and everything to lose and nothing to gain by not believing in God. Therefore one would be foolish not to believe.

Unfortunately, this is somewhat of an oversimplification. Religions tend to believe that you have to have true faith in order to enter heaven and avoid eternal damnation. If you are believing in God just "in case" so that you can avoid Hell, you'll probably go to Hell.

In fact, if a God exists and it is Allah, you could end up in "Hutama" (which is the "most severe" level of Hell in the Islamic faith) for "believing" in God just to avoid Hell.

And then that leads us to, which God should you be believing in in order to avoid Hell? You can bet that if you believe in Jesus Christ the son of God as your saviour, and God exists and he is Allah, or in fact anything other than the Christian God, you will go to Hell. Visa versa for all other Gods.
  • Reply 15 of 233
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Rael is a cult, for poor misguided souls like Raelian.

http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/csrpl/RINVol4No2/Rael.htm

So uh... People and other animals are not a part of the universe?

Yeah I thought all those people died out a few years ago. Something about some vessel coming and taking them away.
  • Reply 16 of 233
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

Unfortunately, this is somewhat of an oversimplification. Religions tend to believe that you have to have true faith in order to enter heaven and avoid eternal damnation. If you are believing in God just "in case" so that you can avoid Hell, you'll probably go to Hell.

In fact, if a God exists and it is Allah, you will could end up in "Hutama" (which is the "most severe" level of Hell in the islamic faith) for "believing" in God just to avoid Hell.

And then that leads us to, which God should you be believing in in order to avoid Hell? You can bet that if you believe in Jesus Christ the son of God as your saviour, and God exists and he is Allah, or in fact anything other than the Christian God, you will go to Hell. Visa versa for all other Gods.

Also, the calculation is ignoring the effect on your worldly life. If there is no god, then you end up wasting a bunch of a priceless resource (limited lifespan) on religion. The value of your own life is infinite - and even 5% of infinity is still infinity, so you have an infinite cost associated with religion.
  • Reply 17 of 233
    Proof of anything is futile - our concept of reality is limited to a 3lb sponge called a brain.

The only thing we do know is we know nothing, so we attempt to know something about nothing.
  • Reply 18 of 233
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoopaDrive

Proof of anything is futile

I wouldn't say that. We have "proof" that the observable universe behaves in particular ways (this is called Physics), and we apply said laws with increasing success (this is called Engineering).
  • Reply 19 of 233
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote:

Unfortunately, this is somewhat of an oversimplification....

Maybe, though bear in mind that it was written in the 17th century. He also had his critics, not least Voltaire. Pascal did not intend his wager to be a basis or reason for faith. He was aiming it squarely at people for who the question of God was, in their mind, not worth considering in the first instance. He was merely giving the agnostic the probable value of thinking about the existence of a God rather than blunder through life in ignorant bliss. The question has its own intrinsic value and, I believe, is an interesting one, stirring debate and provoking deeper thought on the matter. Better than merely dismissing the whole concept of God.

Anyhow, time to move this to AppleOutsider. Mods?
  • Reply 20 of 233
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

I wouldn't say that. We have "proof" that the observable universe behaves in particular ways (this is called Physics), and we apply said laws with increasing success (this is called Engineering).

Physics isn't proven. We can stipulate that given a few basics, the rest follows. That's human understanding in a nutshell, and it's also why athiesm is just as much a religion of zealotry as is any other.