Play against yourself?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Lets say you have one of the new iMacs and you install XP through parallels. Could you run lets say the same game on the os x portion and in the xp portion on parallels and have them recognize eachother and play against yourself like its a network game?

for instance:

UT 2004?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G-Dog

Lets say you have one of the new iMacs and you install XP through parallels. Could you run lets say the same game on the os x portion and in the xp portion on parallels and have them recognize eachother and play against yourself like its a network game?

for instance:

UT 2004?

I think it would be possibly, because in every regard, besides the hardware, they are two different computers.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Parallels doesn't run games but if it did, I don't think it would be possible to do this. I can't see you being able to run two instances of UT2004 on the same GPU. It would depend on how they implemented 3D support in Parallels but I don't think it would work.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    greglogreglo Posts: 63member
    The game would have to use software rendering since Parallels doesnt actually use the GPU yet. Its probably theoretically possible - but not practically.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I play with myself all the time.................