Apple prepares for Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro ramp

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 107
    Thanks for the clarification, I have trouble understanding Pikey...

Regardless, would anyone here honestly pay 100 bucks a month for insurance? It just doesn't seem reasonable. That's what the AppleCare plan is for. If you drop it, it's your own damn fault. Quit carrying your notebook like a pizza delivery boy and you won't have any problems.
  • Reply 102 of 107
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon

They should have a MXM slot

You do understand that an MXM slot provides zero benefit for a consumer at this point?
  • Reply 103 of 107
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Regardless, would anyone here honestly pay 100 bucks a month for insurance? It just doesn't seem reasonable. That's what the AppleCare plan is for. If you drop it, it's your own damn fault. Quit carrying your notebook like a pizza delivery boy and you won't have any problems.

Customers are expected to take all reasonable care with their portables. If they don't, it's their own fault. It's clearly spelled out in the contract as to what the care covers, as it should.

It always seems as though there are some who feel that ALL damage should be covered. That's obviously impossible.
  • Reply 104 of 107
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I can insure a £2k laptop against theft/accidental damage etc etc for about £100 a year. to me thats worth it. If its stole in 3yrs time, or i drop it and break it, then, after paying out £300, I get a brand new replacement laptop. and in 3yrs time its going to be a lot better than what i have now.
  • Reply 105 of 107
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by revs

I can insure a £2k laptop against theft/accidental damage etc etc for about £100 a year. to me thats worth it. If its stole in 3yrs time, or i drop it and break it, then, after paying out £300, I get a brand new replacement laptop. and in 3yrs time its going to be a lot better than what i have now.

Who is the insurance company?

Because you release that computer manufacturers are not in the business of selling insurance.
  • Reply 106 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShamrockTattoo

* MacBook type keyboard

I just don't get the MB keyboard thing. For me, I had the money budgeted, went down to the Apple Store to buy a MB... and ended up walking away because of the keyboard. I touch-type, quite fast, and I spent a good while in the store trying to get up to max speed and accuracy on the MB keyboard. Couldn't. Stepped over to a MBP. No problem.

I can see why some folks like the looks of the MB keyboard better (I don't, but to each his own) but does anyone believe it WORKS better? I actually strongly suspect the MB keyboard is a deliberate differentiator by Apple, to preserve the "premium" niche for the MBP. If the MB keyboard didn't look and feel like a toy, the MB would be just too good a deal.

If the new MBP has a MB type keyboard, I'll continue to sit on the fence instead of buying one. Fortunately, I don't think it will.
  • Reply 107 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai51240

I just don't get the MB keyboard thing. For me, I had the money budgeted, went down to the Apple Store to buy a MB... and ended up walking away because of the keyboard. I touch-type, quite fast, and I spent a good while in the store trying to get up to max speed and accuracy on the MB keyboard. Couldn't. Stepped over to a MBP. No problem.

I can see why some folks like the looks of the MB keyboard better (I don't, but to each his own) but does anyone believe it WORKS better? I actually strongly suspect the MB keyboard is a deliberate differentiator by Apple, to preserve the "premium" niche for the MBP. If the MB keyboard didn't look and feel like a toy, the MB would be just too good a deal.

If the new MBP has a MB type keyboard, I'll continue to sit on the fence instead of buying one. Fortunately, I don't think it will.

Yeah, I think the MBP keyboard is the best thing out there. You can really fly on it; it fits my typing perfectly (fast typist, work at my keyboard typing 8 hours a day). I would have to give the MBP a serious doubt if they changed the keyboards. Change anything else (except the thinness), but not the keyboard.