iphone concepts from all over the web

okyoky
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://appleiphone.blogspot.com

this weblog has a collection of iphone designs sent by users.

#029 and #030 are the ones i would buy for sure!

which are your favs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19

im betting one something like this
  • Reply 2 of 19
    13, 28, and 29 are the best ones IMO...I really like 13
  • Reply 3 of 19
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    What we know for sure is that it won't be based on the current Nano design, because the all-metal casing blocks radio waves.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    "less is more", so:

30 if technical possible (when touch-screen is "disabled/locked" - how do you answer a call?)

35 if BRAUN design has no problems with that

18 as "iPhono nano"... needs a clip on the back
  • Reply 5 of 19
    I like 36, 29 (now gone) and 1. Just can't see the touch ones working, though BenQ's new concept is pretty slick.

I too think the mythical iPhone has to be a candybar or a slider. Can't see Apple of all people making a flip.

The reasons I like flips are because it's a mechanical action to answer the phone, and because of no lock required for the number pad.

Therefore I think sliders are the best compromise (and am sad that Motorola ruined the Korean Z slider by adding the RAZR chin for the outside Korea cellphone market) because you can answer either with a button (candybar style) or mechanically (flip style) by opening it. Plus sliders avoid the keypad lock which I detest for no real reason.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    The BenQ phone is really slick. But as a guy who prefers the candy bar style, I really like a phone that is easy to set to a mode in which I'm not calling randomly people all the time. There is something about a touch screen phone that would seem to make this tough.

Not to mention revisiting the Nano scratch fest. The phone needs to be durable as its a high use object and likely to fall on some pavement from time to time. That BenQ phone doesnt look all that durable.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    I too like sliders, and I think it's highly likely that the iPhone will be a slider. Apple won't make the iPod controls so small that they're un-usable.

The question is: will the phone buttons require a slide, or will the iPod controls? My guess is that the phone controls will be on top, and the "lock" mechanism will be similar to the way it's done on iPods, which the switch at the top. While I'm no fan of having to enter keycodes to unlock the buttons, having a simple switch at the top seems like a good idea. Plus, everyone who has had an iPod is used to it.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    The BenQ concept phone is pretty cool, but it looks like a usability nightmare. Apple switched from all solid-state controls to semi-mechanical ones on the iPod for a reason. People like tactile feedback. Well, at least I do.

I have a feeling Apple will go with a candybar form factor. I'd love to see the Blackberry Pearl Applified, but I don't know where they'd stick the scroll wheel (and I really don't really see Apple releasing an iPhone without a scroll wheel).

I'd also like to see #28 with a "clamshell" form factor. I used to own a Moto A630 and I loved the fact that it had a QWERTY keyboard for Internet and texting as well as the standard number pad for phone use. If #28 popped open to reveal a high-resolution, widescreen, internal display and a QWERTY keyboard, and it was small enough to fit in my pocket, it would be my ideal phone. That's not too tall an order, is it?
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Just wanted to add this one: linky
  • Reply 10 of 19
    I like the idea of the configurable keypad, but keypads without feedback will probably never catch on. If there's a way to deliver a mild electric shock when pushing the buttons, that would be fine, but I'm not sure a cellular phone battery can deliver that kind of power.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Here is an idea that is so far left field, it might actually catch on:

The iPhone is NOT an iPod Phone. However, it is an add-on to your existing iPod or iPod Nano. It connects to the power slot at the bottom, and that is where the keypad and microphone is. The only problem that I see with that is the hearing part. It might work with the headsets, or they bundle a headset with an embedded microphone with the earphones.

The bottom piece has all of the numbers that you will need, it has all of the components to handle the cellular service, and they could offer one to each of the major players, such that it is compliant with their setup.

How's that for an idea?
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston

Here is an idea that is so far left field, it might actually catch on:

The iPhone is NOT an iPod Phone. However, it is an add-on to your existing iPod or iPod Nano. It connects to the power slot at the bottom, and that is where the keypad and microphone is. The only problem that I see with that is the hearing part. It might work with the headsets, or they bundle a headset with an embedded microphone with the earphones.

The bottom piece has all of the numbers that you will need, it has all of the components to handle the cellular service, and they could offer one to each of the major players, such that it is compliant with their setup.

How's that for an idea?

I love that idea. Now that is something I would buy!
  • Reply 13 of 19
    I like #37.

#36 doesn't seem possible ( and why two cameras, should have a swivel front/back )

Love #30 design. ( although it should still have a regular screen too )

I would buy #24 ( modified and modernized first ofcourse, but still cool concept )

#18 is kinda cool ( but alittle bulky )

anybody else think #11 would be awesome?
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Just wanted to add this one: linky

finally Nokia will stop making flip phones and start making some good looking candybar style phones again.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    To me, the iPhone could look exactly like an iPod. Just add a new screen interface that mimics the old rotory phones to dial a number. Seaching through a list of numbers would work just like you do for songs/albums/etc and if you add a new contact, you would use the same interface as the newly added Search feature - scroll to select each letter to spell out the name.

I think the Search feature, used to select letters, is easier than having to click a keypad number once, twice, or three times to indicate a letter. However, I do think that it could be tweaked to perform a little better - I don't like having to scrool to "Done" when finished.

If Apple were to add any physical features, I think that adding buttons (like on the 3G ipod) to designate the function would be handy. The buttons could be Phone, Music, Camera (assuming that it would include like every other phone - especially because of the Photos functionality that already exists), and Settings. This would make it easy to answer a call or take a quick picture and having a button for Settings would allow for the feature interfaces to be simplier as they wouldn't have to display Extras, Clock, and Settings.

Maybe its just me, but I really prefer the scroll wheel over the tiny buttons on cell phones.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    ok this idea is not mine, but i remember it from another AI thread:

"The iPhone Shuffle: Randomly dials numbers & calls up people"
  • Reply 17 of 19
    i like all the ones by ISAMU SANADA
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajay

ok this idea is not mine, but i remember it from another AI thread:

"The iPhone Shuffle: Randomly dials numbers & calls up people"

• Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

That is the funniest Smiley I have ever seen!!!