ok im ready to switch, but im poor and have this (pretty good) win. laptop!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, i am ready, wait, ive BEEN ready, haha, to switch BACK to macs. My second windows computer, i'm through.

So i have a compaq v2410US, fairly new, i am ready to kill it. So i want to switch, will take a mac, but i dont want crap, i want something that will work well. RAM doesnt matter, i can update that but anything smaller then a 80 gig HD on a notebook i cant do.

I dont know what to do though, im 17, poor, or well, i have money, but i don't want to take it out of the bank, my parents bought me this laptop not too long ago so they probably aren't going to be too happy about me wanting to sell it or whatever to get a mac.

So, im looking for some help. Where should i look for a good priced mac, i think a used one would be great, if its use macbook, cool, if its a powerbook, cool too, but as i said, i want a good laptop computer. Anywhere i can look, or doest anyone know anyone that switched who want a windows computer back (im up for trade ).

so any help in terms of how to get a good deal and how i should go along doing this would be awesome!

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Well...unfortunately the only thing that I could say is...try the new MacBook Pro !

It pwns !

Although...then again, I think there is a update not too far away.

You made a good decision about swithing.

Down with Microsoft, Dell and all the other evil out there !
  • Reply 2 of 5
    get as much as you can for your compaq using craigslist or eBay (watch for scams though!!!)

then go for the entry level MacBook. buy an aftermarket harddrive for like $100, try to sell 60GB you took out or keep it as a backup or just in case.

that's my advice, cause my MacBook is amazing!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    yea well im mostly concerned with processor and RAM because i like to run a lot of things at once (lots of tabs open on firefox (safari), downloading stuff in the backround, aim always running, so i want the computer to handle that more importantly than the HD, but yea not a bad idea too. If i could find a used macbookpro that would be awesome!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I've got a gently used 12-inch Powerbook just laying around.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by defbytemptation

I've got a gently used 12-inch Powerbook just laying around.

hmm i hate to be picky but going from a 15 to a 12 would be hard. The lowest i want to go in screen size is probably 13 inches.