Oprah and Bono to unveil Project red iPod nano tomorrow

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    Wednesday is my "trash" day

but Friday is the 13th... cant see steve launching something on a friday the 13th... AND its RED... way to go bono
  • Reply 42 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

Between the working conditions for Chinese labor, Apple's environmental record, and partnering with companies like Nike and McDonalds, I think it's been clear for a while that Jobs' "humanitarian saint" persona is more bark than bite.

Where did I miss the part where Steve Jobs likened himself to a saint?

This sounds more like a bitter, jealous fantasy.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Let's not drag this thread down.

Yeahh-hh... 'cuz we all know StevieB would NEVER chuck a chair, right?

• Reply 44 of 59
    mark2005mark2005 Posts: 1,158member
    Do the numbers and Apple could be donating around $10 million a quarter over the next year. So lay off!

If Apple had increased the price, then you could go on and beetch.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

For the humanitarian saint that Steve tries to show himself as, that's low.

The Gap is doing basically the same thing.

The Gap's Red line costs far more than its other clothes lines. They will give half the cost to charity and half for profit. Which ultimately means they will make the same profit as their regularly priced clothes.

These are publicly traded companies who have great pressure to meet Wall Street expectations. They give to charity but they are not going to risk a decrease in profit.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins

Yeahh-hh... 'cuz we all know StevieB would NEVER chuck a chair, right?

Not the chair, but the fact that you mentioned his name. I was enjoying a new iPod thread until that fat man came along.
  • Reply 47 of 59
    Quote:

Not the chair, but the fact that you mentioned his name. I was enjoying a new iPod thread until that fat man came along.

I guess I can see that. Pics of MonkeyBoy StevieB do make me lose my appetite.

• Reply 48 of 59
    sweet, a red ipod. ( glad it doesn't look like all the "girlish" hues of the other colors)

now if they would just come out with a dark green or dark blue, I could finally pick a color.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

Cool, my mockup made it to the main article!

You the man!
  • Reply 50 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by globalhemp

Yes, I have to agree, my first impression of the RED iPod nano certainly looks like it came from Target, or would be sold exclusively at Target stores.

Perhaps a BLUE iPod nano with 3-4 "watchdog" security cameras will be introduced as an alternative Wal-Mart version? Or perhaps a YELLOW iPod nano (for yellow Wal-Mart smiley; NOT as a racist comment), with a charity fund to help Chinese labor camps, er Wal-Mart suppliers?

Ha!

Oh the irony of this post, due to both Wal-Mart and Target being upset over Apple's iTunes video sales. Not so bad to bash them back.

Support industrial hemp: Global Hemp Store

That was the best laugh I've had all day!!!
  • Reply 51 of 59
  • Reply 52 of 59
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamezog

Yeah, I'm Canadian, so I'm probably the only one here who noticed, but that looks more like a Canadian-theme iPod than anything else. Or is that just me, Ecking? Red click wheel would really make a difference (of course, then we could call it a Communist iPod...).

Seriously, though, this is a great idea. Good promo for Apple, and extra cash for AIDS research. AND we get a red nano. Enough of the pastel colours, already!

Yeah that does look mad canadian! They should make a red one with a white click wheel and a blue button for the americans.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    Quote:

lol only color they are missing is orange and brown.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

lol only color they are missing is orange and brown.

Orange would be interesting. Some people consider orange their favorite color. Blue is my favorite color, and I love the blue the nano is. If the red Nano looks the same as that one above in person, then they'll fly off the shelves.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Well, they beat Zune on price, style, capacity and size. Now they've beaten brown zune on ugly.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:

I'm not sure it's appropriate to have them all flying around like that, all unprotected. Shouldn't the AIDS iPod be responsible and teach them all to put on some nano tube socks or something?
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass

Well, they beat Zune on price, style, capacity and size. Now they've beaten brown zune on ugly.

Red looks worse than BROWN?

Nah, sorry, don't think so. But maybe my grandpa might agree with ya, though.