Can the Mini run Scetchbook?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There is a very cool program called Scetchbook made by Autodesk. (It was originally created by Alias, that company has been purchased by Autodesk.) Can a Mac mini run scetchbook without slowdown?

That is the only program on my PC that I need to run natively at high speed. If the Mini could run Scetchbook, I could by a mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    I don't think any of the Alias/Autodesk products are universal - even the new Maya 8 (the big companies seem to be quite slow at the universal binary uptake), so not only will they be running under Rosetta, the Mac versions of Maya etc are known to be not as well optimized as the PC counterparts. Whether you can run the Windows version of Maya or Sketchbook under Crossover or Parallels is a different matter but I wouldn't rely on them.

You can of course run bootcamp and use Windows for Sketchbook but rebooting is a pain. I think I have an old PPC version of Sketchbook somewhere and I can try it out on my Intel Mini. I never use it though so I don't know if I can stress test it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for that info Marvin:

It is certainly disappointing that Scetchbook does not support the mac though.

• Reply 3 of 3
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I am running maya 7 on my MBP and it is far from bad. If you need it, go and get it.