Anal retentive album cover art fanatics of the world, unite!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    And I thought this was going to be a link to some database of rare or unavailable on itunes cd covers.

I'm sorry, this is about my limit. I'm a total mac nerd and don't want to flame, but ALBUM ART?

Scanning, touching up, only to result in a little cube on the bottom left of the screen... in a MUSIC program? If I were like you guys I'd never leave my computer.

And I thought liking to have a clean desktop was anal...
  • Reply 22 of 25
    You ever hear of front row NOOB??
  • Reply 23 of 25
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by THX 1138

Can anybody confirm or not, if iTunes 7 "REPLACES" your existing artwork?

One of these days, if I haven't found out for sure what will happen from another source, I'll just make sure my iTunes library is fully and completely backed up in two different places, and then let iTunes automatic process go to town doing whatever it decides do, and see what happens.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline

One of these days, if I haven't found out for sure what will happen from another source, I'll just make sure my iTunes library is fully and completely backed up in two different places, and then let iTunes automatic process go to town doing whatever it decides do, and see what happens.

I finally tested this... and at least for me, nothing bad happened. In fact, other than iTunes scanning through my entire iTunes library, nothing happened at all. It looks like iTunes is only goint to add artwork to tracks which have no artwork at all -- it didn't try to replace anything I already had, which was my big worry the first time I tried "Advanced/Get Album Artwork".

I experimentally removed artwork from three songs, all in the same album (Tori Amos's "Little Earthquakes"), ran "Get Album Artwork", and that time iTunes did automatically (and correctly) fill in the artwork for those three songs, and those songs only.