Show us your desk!

Comments

• Reply 81 of 129
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    That's a sweet work setup!

I love the black desk and file-cabinet combo.

And Front Row looks just sweet in that picture.
  • Reply 82 of 129
    thank you.. blame it on Crate & Barrel :/ it was relatively cheap, bought combo desk/cabinet/bookshelf and chair under $1700 if I remember correctly...
  • Reply 83 of 129
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member

cheap, eh?

• Reply 84 of 129
    You have a very interesting way to keep 'Windows' clean!
  • Reply 85 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Study at home. I also have an Epson scanner that's not in the picture. The iMac is a 2.1GHz G5 20 incher with 2.5 gigs of RAM. The 18" LCD to the left isn't connected to anything at the moment, but I'd like to span my iMac onto it as soon as I can find where to get the mini VGA connector.

I would not post for just one coincidence/small world moment - but four in one image, I?ve got to.

1. I have the same exact Dell 1800FP (nice monitor in its day)

2. I have the same style 20" iMac. (with the same speed CPU @ 2.12 GHz Core 2 Duo)

3. I have the same windows and view in my old room

4. I grew up on Merritt Island, which is next door to the Cape - I'll bet money the windows came from the same factory

I?m almost tempted to take my computer and monitor and recreate the shot next month when I go back for thanksgiving.

Not to get too off topic on this ? its just so many coincidences in one picture freaked me out.
  • Reply 86 of 129
    I just received my 24" Imac and I have to say, awesome, what a great a machine.

Connected via teleport I have a Powerbook G4 and connected to the two Sony monitors is a PC, with a P4 3.4 HT.

P.S.: I've never posted a picture in this forum, how do you do that?
  • Reply 87 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jp1701

you cant, you can only do it the way you've done it.
  • Reply 88 of 129
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jp1701

Fixed it for you.

You need the "IMG" tag in square brackets around the URL of the offsite image.

Click the yellow "image" icon in the message box toolbar and paste in the URL of the image. vBulletin will paste in the URL surrounded by the "IMG" "/IMG" tags.
  • Reply 89 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

Fixed it for you.

You need the "IMG" tag in square brackets around the URL of the offsite image.

Click the yellow "image" icon in the message box toolbar and paste in the URL of the image. vBulletin will paste in the URL surrounded by the "IMG" "/IMG" tags.

Thanks Lundy
  • Reply 90 of 129
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member

Mac Pro

Acer 22" Widescreen Display

Logitech z5300 THX speakers

Sony Noise canceling heaphone

Logitech G7 gaming mouse

Apple wireless keyboard

PB G4 1.5 GHz 12"

PB G4 1.33 GHz 12"

Motorola Walkie Talkies

Sonic Impact iPod speakers

iPod U2

iMac 24"

Apple wireless keyboard and mouse

Not in pictures:

HP 2600N networked laser printer

2 Brother 1435 B+W laser printers

Mac Mini CD 1.6 GHz

Mac Mini CS 1.5 Ghz

PB G$ 1.33 GHz 12"

And ya, thats pertty much where I accomplish my work (1st + 2nd pic). The 3rd pic is my sisters iMac that I have been working on lately.

Noah
  • Reply 91 of 129
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Maybe you should have used some of that money to buy a decent camera.

That's a little harsh.

It does look like the camera was the kind found in a phone, or one with a native resolution much lower than the advertised resolution, like a camera with a VGA sensor that's advertised as a 2MP camera because it can save upscaled images to that resolution.
  • Reply 92 of 129
    It was W810i Sony Ericcson phone, what do you expect from a phone?
  • Reply 93 of 129
    dude, where did you get the desktop background pic on your powerbook? I WANT IT!!!
  • Reply 94 of 129
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

dude, where did you get the desktop background pic on your powerbook? I WANT IT!!!

http://s03.imagehost.org/0578/Bliss_nuke.jpg

closest I've found
  • Reply 95 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slughead

http://s03.imagehost.org/0578/Bliss_nuke.jpg

closest I've found

haha nice one, its now the back ground lol
  • Reply 96 of 129
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I've had my 24" iMac for about a month now. I have fallen in love with it! The old iBook just doesn't cut it anymore!

• Reply 98 of 129
    simple setup.

• Reply 99 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus

I would not post for just one coincidence/small world moment - but four in one image, I?ve got to.

1. I have the same exact Dell 1800FP (nice monitor in its day)

2. I have the same style 20" iMac. (with the same speed CPU @ 2.12 GHz Core 2 Duo)

3. I have the same windows and view in my old room

4. I grew up on Merritt Island, which is next door to the Cape - I'll bet money the windows came from the same factory

I?m almost tempted to take my computer and monitor and recreate the shot next month when I go back for thanksgiving.

Not to get too off topic on this ? its just so many coincidences in one picture freaked me out.

I actually live in downtown Melbourne (which means that I live in three-block zone that gets to be called "downtown") but it's way easier to explain Cape Canaveral to the people of the world. I live on the bottom floor of a condo that was built in the late sixties out of concrete and steel. It is fully hurricane-proof, even the windows. What they lack in looks they make up for in strength.
  • Reply 100 of 129
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

I actually live in downtown Melbourne (which means that I live in three-block zone that gets to be called "downtown") but it's way easier to explain Cape Canaveral to the people of the world.

I bet. I read Melbourne and I assumed Australia until I thought about your Cape Canaveral reference.