mbp release date?!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, I was browsing that now 119 page thread at macrumors, and some guy had an interesting post

Quote:
Originally Posted by habicht

Originally Posted by habicht

Hello! It's my first post here, but i've been following the new MacBook/Pro discussion for a while now.

My roommate ordered a BTO MacBook 5 weeks ago at an onlinestore, he talked to them yesterday on the phone to ask why it takes so long...

They told him they had to cancel his order because Apple is not shipping any laptops at this moment because the new MacBooks and MacBookPros will be out the 24th of Oktober.

thought it might interest some around here.

you can check it out for yourself

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...35341&page=119

feel free to read the now almost 3000 posts

so yeah, don't flame me for starting another MBP thread....

*waits for the sure-to-come flaming*

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    If you didn't want to be flamed for starting another thread on this, why didn't you put this in one of the existing MBP threads?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    I didn't want the news to be overlooked
  • Reply 3 of 14
    aiolos I think you did right to start a new topic. The release date is the number one problem of the new macbook buyers!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    That date would make sense, as it's before the Holiday shopping season, and is a sane amount of time since Apple started 'ramping up' production. That said, we're all gonna freak if it's not released then...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    abhayabhay Posts: 45member
    I am glad that you posted this seperately; there have been so many topics and posts that one can easily overlook it. I just hope that it is true this time. It seems like we all have been waiting for ever. I hope this is true since if you place the order on via applestore, it still says estimated shipping 24 hrs and I had called apple store retail and they have plenty in stock so I hope they stop getting any new shipments finally so we can expect new macbook pro and macbooks.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    hey, nice tip.

I called up the Apple retail store on Regent St (london) to check if they had MBP's in stock on Friday - he said that they did, and that stocks were actually quite excellent. A bit of a bummer - I was hoping they'd say they were sold out

I think most resellers have got low stocks though, (computer warehouse said they had all but sold out, and didnt know when to expect more), but I guess resellers and apple stores get supplied differently. even if it means having surplus they have to return if/when new MBP is released, I guess it wouldn't do for an apple store to have no apples to sell
  • Reply 7 of 14
    thanks
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I couldn't wait anymore so I sucked it up and bought a 2.66 Mac Pro with 4 gigs of ram, 2 x 500 gig HDD's, the ATI GFX card, and the Apple Care Plan...can't wait for this f!cker to get here, I got a OK laptop to work with when I need it, I just couldn't wait any longer.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Actually I was thinking about it later and I realized something; just because one online store doesn't have shipments doesn't mean anything and besides I really doubt that Steve Jobs allowed someone to notify the online store MUCH IN ADVANCE that expect new shipments on Oct 24th and most of apple stores don't know about it. So I think this date Oct 24th is just a guess from the online store. I hope it is true since I also am in the same boat and waiting for ages but I really don't feel confident of anyone knowing a set date for sure.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    yeah, I just hope its right \
  • Reply 11 of 14
    For what it's worth amazon.co.uk is out of stock on 2.16Ghz MBPs (1 - 2 weeks delivery) and has "only 5 left" of the 2.0GHz model. On the Apple UK store there is a 3 day shipping time for the standard models.

Of course this probably means nothing other than they are waiting for a fresh batch of current MBPs!
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by salaryman

For what it's worth amazon.co.uk is out of stock on 2.16Ghz MBPs (1 - 2 weeks delivery) and has "only 5 left" of the 2.0GHz model. On the Apple UK store there is a 3 day shipping time for the standard models.

Of course this probably means nothing other than they are waiting for a fresh batch of current MBPs!

yeah, i'd like to think that they're trying to run-down stocks before releasing, but thats a dangerous game of chicken. if thats what they're doing, they're building buffer stock and hoping to do a global transition when old stocks get low enough. but if stocks are consumed differently, then you could get a situation where Apple are delaying because US stocks are still high, while European warehouses get critically low, creating shortages in some areas while others are in surplus...
  • Reply 13 of 14
    fake.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    i just called apple and they told me they'd give me a MBP for free if i posted here. and then i called them back and they didn't know what i was talking about GRRRRHH!!!

Apple, do you want to give me a free computer or NOT?!

I HATE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I HATE YOU!!!

Release C2Duo already! plz? It would be so l33t!!

for real though, i think maybe we'll get them in the next 3 months. seriously.

but even more seriously. Apple has taken some huge hits on the quality front with MBs and MBPs and i think they're probably just making sure to test the crap out of their new machines. Who knows, maybe they discovered some flaws that they're fixing before they send them all out.