Unpartitioning my HDD

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Alright well about a month ago I partitioned my iMac's HDD to make room for Windows XP. It ended up being SP1a and not SP2 so I couldn't get it to work and had to abondon the project. Now I want that partitioned part of my HDD back. How do I do this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm not completely sure, but in DiskUtility there is an option that says "revert" if you go into the Partition section. It sounds like it might be what you are looking for.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Don't you just run Bootcamp again and restore it to a single volume?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kzelk4kzelk4 Posts: 100member
    The same thing happened with me. I used bootcamp to restore the partition. Now my computer seems to be having some problems. When I run software update, it loads about 1/6 the total way then stops. When I run Disk Utility it just keeps scanning and won't let me pick which thing I want to scan. It doesn't do anything.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    The same thing happened with me. I used bootcamp to restore the partition. Now my computer seems to be having some problems. When I run software update, it loads about 1/6 the total way then stops. When I run Disk Utility it just keeps scanning and won't let me pick which thing I want to scan. It doesn't do anything. It has been freezing and reboots slower now..any ideas?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kzelk4

The same thing happened with me. I used bootcamp to restore the partition. Now my computer seems to be having some problems. When I run software update, it loads about 1/6 the total way then stops. When I run Disk Utility it just keeps scanning and won't let me pick which thing I want to scan. It doesn't do anything. It has been freezing and reboots slower now..any ideas?

nvm got it