How to make videos opened in Safari full-screen?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey all -

New Macs - I am wondering if I open a video in safari like by clicking on a link say a news clip or pr0n - how do I make it go full-screen or at least somewhat bigger than a small clip? I mean hell I have the 24" iMac!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Download it, open it with Quicktime, rescale, done.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    NicePlayer is pretty decent if you want full screen with .mov files without paying out for Quicktime Pro.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    See Im talkin about when you just click on a clip or somethin. In windows media player you could just make it full screen.... If I get quicktime pro I can?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtpeper

See Im talkin about when you just click on a clip or somethin. In windows media player you could just make it full screen.... If I get quicktime pro I can?

Nope, you still have to download it to your drive first and then manually open it in full screen. It's a popular feature request and Apple don't seem to be listening. What you can sometimes do is copy a link to a quicktime movie and paste it into Quicktime's open url menu item and then watch it fullscreen. For that you would need Quicktime Pro.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

What you can sometimes do is copy a link to a quicktime movie and paste it into Quicktime's open url menu item and then watch it fullscreen. For that you would need Quicktime Pro.

There's rumour that the fullscreen option will be in the non-pro QT version in Leopard. Let's hope that's true ...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtpeper

Looks like Windows does do something better after all!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    I actually just use the screen magnifier (Zoom, under Universal Access) when there's a clip of length I feel like giving my whole attention to (and screen real estate)
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsLan^

I actually just use the screen magnifier (Zoom, under Universal Access) when there's a clip of length I feel like giving my whole attention to (and screen real estate)

Hahaha ... Just use the Zoom under universal access for full screen view !! Good one !
  • Reply 9 of 13
    That actually works well enough
  • Reply 10 of 13
    With 10.4.8 you can hold down CTRL and use your scroll wheel to zoom in even faster.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Yep thats what Im doin now
  • Reply 12 of 13
    I am just mulling over what use it is to watch a 180x200 clip at full screen?

All right there is a growing number of clips that got higher res. yet,

but still the average clip is just awful to watch at full screen.

However, it was a wise decision of Apple to disable full screen mode

within safari regarding internet video clips, imho. But this could be possibly a

matter of change.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post

Hey all -

New Macs - I am wondering if I open a video in safari like by clicking on a link say a news clip or pr0n - how do I make it go full-screen or at least somewhat bigger than a small clip? I mean hell I have the 24" iMac!

Thanks!

Hi, sgtpeper! We make a little Safari plug-in called BoPeepers that does this exact thing! It also has additional features such as looping. You can download it at:

http://www.anarchysoft.com/software/bopeepers/download/

and check out some information about it at

http://www.anarchysoft.com/software/bopeepers/

I hope this helps!

Dominic

Anarchysoft