UBS: Buy into Apple ahead of Macworld

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willgonz

iPOD sales will be slow with the rumors of the new Video iPOD. I also believe sales for MacBooks have slowed down because of the potential release of newer MacBook(Pro)s.

Once these products are announced, there will be a surge and the demand will be hard to meet.

Buy your stocks now. I did, but I am hoping the stock goes up splits and then I'll buy some more.

Just hope the supply/demand wont be like the xbox 360 shortage or the upcoming ps3 shortage.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    And if you can't bear to sell your shares, always remember you can sell covered calls.

Pick a nice high price for the stock and the call, and if it kicks in, great! Making money in both places.

Apple was great for that strategy last summer, always managed to pick a trigger price for the call that was just below what it would be on expiration of the option. The trend has just started again with Apple hovering around $80 this Friday.

Can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks to determine what price to go for November.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi

APPLE IS DOOMED!!!!!!

....sorry, couldn't resist

Huh? I thought we were still BELEAGURED.

Best part of all this ('cept for selling your stock at a handsome profit, of course): The Apple-haters can't really say sheeite anymore... not without having it knocked back down their throats by the mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Its nice to be an Apple fan these days... as in us to the Winzealots: "Hey man, we toldja so." 8)

• Reply 24 of 27
    Sell at 80.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Sell at 100.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram

Sell at 80.

Well it looks like many people agree with you on 80, considering the bouncing around at $79.9x on Friday.

Might see a break through early next week - or not.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OfficerDigby

Well it looks like many people agree with you on 80, considering the bouncing around at $79.9x on Friday.

Might see a break through early next week - or not.

I'm sticking to what I said earlier. I'm holding.