About Equalizers in iPod/iTunes

zozo
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've always had a question about EQs...

If I have, say, a piece of classical music with the EQ set to classical EQ (in the ID3 tag), but my iPod's EQ is set to "Rock".. which has priority?

Also, if EQ is off in settings (in iPod or iTunes), is the EQ setting in the MP3 ignored?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO

I've always had a question about EQs...

If I have, say, a piece of classical music with the EQ set to classical EQ (in the ID3 tag), but my iPod's EQ is set to "Rock".. which has priority?

Also, if EQ is off in settings (in iPod or iTunes), is the EQ setting in the MP3 ignored?

In your first case, the classical EQ would super-cede the EQ setting on the iPod. In the second scenario your iPod EQ will still be applied.

On a side note, why did the EQ button disappear in iTunes 7?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    so you're saying, no EQ will be applied if in the settings of iPod/iTunes is turned off?

Yeah, the dissapearence of the EQ in iTunes 7 is.. weird
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I thought that I read somewhere that your iPod's EQ took priority and if you wanted to use the custom EQ for songs then you needed to set your iPod's EQ to "Flat".
  • Reply 4 of 8
    That makes much more sense. I wish that they would implement that. My iPod sounds terrible through the tape deck in my car for some songs.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    All,

If you are into having control over your music and its settings, get Rockbox.

It makes the iPod a great deal better.

You don't have to fight with iTunes all the time to do what you want.

You get to just drag and drop music, audio, or data directly to your iPod.

You can actually delete stuff directly from the interface!

Think Different!

Regards,

Ocriss33324
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

I thought that I read somewhere that your iPod's EQ took priority and if you wanted to use the custom EQ for songs then you needed to set your iPod's EQ to "Flat".

I thought I read somewhere the opposite
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blue2kdave

I thought I read somewhere the opposite

Then I don't know what to think.