get music off the ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have recently got a mb, formerly a windows user. I would like to find out how to get the songs from my ipod to itunes. I tried linkpod and cnets method but when i transfer them into itunes they stay with the wired namea like DVIA so i would like to know if there is a way to transfer it over while using a windows based ipod and the newest i tunes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Moving to iPod and iTunes forum.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halfassed

I have recently got a mb, formerly a windows user. I would like to find out how to get the songs from my ipod to itunes. I tried linkpod and cnets method but when i transfer them into itunes they stay with the wired namea like DVIA so i would like to know if there is a way to transfer it over while using a windows based ipod and the newest i tunes.

Windows based iPods are fully compatible with Mac computers, except that you can't install updates to your iPod from your mac side. If you want to get your songs off of your iPod onto your mac, you can use a program called Senuti. This should be all you need to put your music on your mac!

An alternative (BUT BETTER) method is to copy the folder "iTunes" from your windows (My Documents > My Music > iTunes) to your mac (Documents > Music > iTunes) I feel the second option is the best option because it preserves playlists, raiting, album art, play count, etc.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wow thanks that program really helped. i wish i had posted here earlier it would have saved me so much time.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halfassed

wow thanks that program really helped. i wish i had posted here earlier it would have saved me so much time.

np

You'll generally find you can get good answers on most posts at AppleInsider.