Satellite radio ipods ? (Looprumors.com)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Looprumors.com reported that Apple filled a new patent looking at integrating satellite radio into future ipods... Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I forgot to link the story, so here it is:

LoopRumors.com reports a new patent published yesterday reveals that Apple may

still be looking at integrating satellite radio into future iPods. The filing

refers to 2 methods of integrating satellite radio into an iPod. The first is

to tune in a wireless signal, beyond AM/FM and WiFi, and then to share that

signal with external devices, iTV? Although the filing does refer specifically

to an "in-vehicle receiver-player" and would synchronize two separate devices.

The concept states that the user can 'flag' certain songs for later download

on iTunes Music Store... Briefing.com note: Recall that chatter of some sort

of deal between SIRI/XMSR and AAPL has been around before in recent months.

For example, on Oct 18 there was a rumor that SIRI could ink a strategic

partnership with AAPL.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Putting Satellite Radio in an iPod would seem counter-productive to iTunes, to me.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    What do you mean by 'counter-productive' ?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I mean... atleast for me... I would buy considerably less music for my iPod if I had a list of commercial free radio statios with me all the time. Perhaps that's not the case for everybody, but it's certainly the case for me.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoonShadow

I mean... atleast for me... I would buy considerably less music for my iPod if I had a list of commercial free radio statios with me all the time. Perhaps that's not the case for everybody, but it's certainly the case for me.

Okay I understand and I totally agree with you, but there is allready a remote radio for Ipod. On the other hand, do you think Apple will sell more Ipod if it contains a radio inside?