TV show 5-Takes and Macs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I found a neat perspective on using a Mac that I'd through you'd like. First a little background. For those in the US you may have seen commercials for a new TV show on the Travel Channel called 5- Takes. Basically it is following several young people from Asia as they travel around the US being directed by the shows viewers as to what they are to do and see. Apparently the "cast" has to make short videos, edit them, and post them on line. One of the cast, Jamie a young woman from Singapore, has this to say about learning to do the video editing. You'll see the Mac connection.

"The hardest part for me was the session we went through on making our own vlogs. As you know, each of us has to produce our own vlog in each city and this is uploaded weekly. I’ve had almost non-existent contact with a Mac, let alone iMovie, which is the program we edit and produce our vlogs on. So I plodded along, slowly trying this function and that to wean myself off my PC habits. I must say I have improved a little and maybe at the end of eight weeks I’ll be a pro and buy my own Mac!"

I thought you might find it interesting. I did at least.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imacFP

I found a neat perspective on using a Mac that I'd through you'd like. First a little background. For those in the US you may have seen commercials for a new TV show on the Travel Channel called 5- Takes. Basically it is following several young people from Asia as they travel around the US being directed by the shows viewers as to what they are to do and see. Apparently the "cast" has to make short videos, edit them, and post them on line. One of the cast, Jamie a young woman from Singapore, has this to say about learning to do the video editing. You'll see the Mac connection.

"The hardest part for me was the session we went through on making our own vlogs. As you know, each of us has to produce our own vlog in each city and this is uploaded weekly. I?ve had almost non-existent contact with a Mac, let alone iMovie, which is the program we edit and produce our vlogs on. So I plodded along, slowly trying this function and that to wean myself off my PC habits. I must say I have improved a little and maybe at the end of eight weeks I?ll be a pro and buy my own Mac!"

I thought you might find it interesting. I did at least.

twas interesting