ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Yea. Beats online bulletin boards.

Hey! Wait a second! Take that back
  • Reply 602 of 622
    Aww.. did you miss me, Ebby?
  • Reply 603 of 622
    Of course.

But you have competition now. I met someone who knows the difference between SMTP and DHCP and uses Linux. Still trying to convert her to OS X at least part time, so you got a plus there.

So the bar is raised a little.
  • Reply 604 of 622
    You make me laugh.

I didn't realize I was competing for your love. Honey, I'm happy with just being friends.
  • Reply 605 of 622
    Ha! Yea, I seem to get that a lot.
  • Reply 606 of 622
    Oh brother...

Is this the part where I feel bad for saying that?

I'm just not looking for a boyfriend right now.. I need friends. I hope that's okay with you.
  • Reply 607 of 622
    Haha. No, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. I tend to tease people mercilessly, but I don't need a relationship either.

Besides, I think online dating is a joke. It is no replacement to meeting face to face and that's not going to happen. Well, unless you hit Macworld SF in January but even that's a long shot.
  • Reply 608 of 622
    Macworld Expo? Yeah, that won't be in my cards for quite a while.

I'm currently in the process of moving to Atlanta in November.
  • Reply 609 of 622
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Name: Lorenzo

Birthday: Scorpio, 1975

What Mac(s) do you own? Mac Classic, PowerPC 6600/60 even with the 14inch 640x480 AV Monitor, PowerPC 5200 (was the WORST Mac EVER), PowerPC 4400 (Looked and felt like a PC), iBook G3 14inch, PowerMac G4 (grey tower thing) various ones, currently: Powerbook 12 in AluBook 1.33GHz (BRING BACK 12inch PRO BOOKS YOU BASTARDS!), and at work Dual 2.5 GHz with 30inch.

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? The usual suspects

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? Oblivax (my first one), Bestiolina (current Powerbook), then usually Primary, Seconda or after Planets, or Greek alphabet (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc).

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Even slept with an iBook or PowerBook or two

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Already have. Really makes a difference

Do you have a favorite Mac model? PowerBook G3 Wallstreet (beautiful.. black, curvy, sensual...)

Favorite food: Italian, Oriental (Thai/Sushi, etc), Mangos

TWiT or Your Mac Life? wtf?

Have an iPod? 1st: 40GB 3rd gen iPod, currently 60GB 5th gen black iPod called, adequately, ZoPod
  • Reply 610 of 622
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

I'm currently in the process of moving to Atlanta in November.

Moving? Any particular reason like work, family, friends, vacation...?
  • Reply 611 of 622
    I'm moving to get out on my own... out of Florida, which I've been trapped in for 13 years.

That, and I want to attend an art college in the city.
  • Reply 612 of 622
    Name: Nicky

Birthday: July 1st, 1982

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

What Mac(s) do you own? iBook G4

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Difficult to call between Steve and Woz. Though Steve isn't to everyones tastes, you can't deny that the turnaround is largely due to the man that is.

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they? I'll call her "honey" when she's running slow, but that's about it.

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Doesn't everyone?

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Not solely for that reason, but it's a plus I suppose, (I feel like such a nerd).

Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one? I love my iBook to death, I have a soft spot for the Classic II as well. The Rev A iMac and the blueberry iBooks stand out too. Who didn't love those colors?

Favorite food: I'll inhale just about anything. I love veggies though.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Haven't listened to either.

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? Green iPod mini. It's my lifeline, I don't know what I'd do without it.

edit: I'm new here, be gentle
  • Reply 613 of 622
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Welcome nicky. Hope you enjoy your stay at AppleInsider.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicky

Oh, why the sad face? Why would we be anything but gentle?
  • Reply 614 of 622
    Well, feel free to wade around in the shallow end for a bit, but the party is in the deep end of the pool. You are, of course, invited to take a dive straight into the party at any time.

Noobs automatically have a 14 day anti-teasing policy around here so you are safe for a few weeks. But after that, you are one of us weather you like it or not and all bets ore off. 8)

I mean... uh, woops. Oh, and welcome to AI.
  • Reply 615 of 622
    Hello Mac_Doll

Name: Art

Birthday: April 4, 1960 (get off my lawn!)

Zodiac Sign: Aries

What Mac(s) do you own? eMac G4

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? I'm going to have to say Fellowship, he knows why

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they? No, just "Macintosh HD"

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Nope, I need hugs though.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? I did!

Do you have a favorite Mac model? The original iMac. My first one was a Bondi Blue one.

Favorite food: "Italian, Chinese, and Cajun." Wow, me too. I like sushi and mexican food also.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Your Mac Life! Don't get it. ? I get MacWorld magazine though...

Have an iPod? No iPod, but maybe someday (before that it will be a MacBook)
  • Reply 616 of 622
    Eh, I'll bite.

Name: Matt

Birthday: 30 March 1981

Zodiac Sign: Aries

What Mac(s) do you own? PowerBook G4 (15"), MacBook Pro (15"), iMac Core 2 Duo (20")

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? I've gotta go with The Steve here.

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they? Hrm...not really, no.

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Doesn't everyone?

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? It would be worth bonus points to be sure, but that wouldn't be a mandatory requirement.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one? It's a toss-up between the MBP and the current-gen iMac...I'm thinking the iMac, if only because my MBP is first-gen and it makes The Noise.

Favorite food: Bacon, yo.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Never listened to TWiT, and haven't heard more than a few minutes of YML, so not enough to form much of an opinion.

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? Let's see...current collection is a 60GB Black 5G, a 2GB first-gen black nano, two 1GB shuffles (1G and 2G), and a broken 30GB third-gen iPod.
  • Reply 617 of 622
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpecMode

Bacon

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm… Bacon
  • Reply 618 of 622
    I'm.. so ... happy!

It's so great to see so many of you in here!

Yes, boys, the Mac Geek-ette is back.

I'd like to welcome all the new recruits! Have fun!