Making My MBP shine

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So father unfortunately is stuck on windows. Being in the CAD/3-d design world he has to be. Naturally he always has something bad to say about apple. But anyway, what can i run on my new MBP that would set it apart from any other windows laptop. Besides the differences in OS's, he wont care about that. I need something that can show performance and impress him. He thinks i just wasted some of my college money on a new laptop.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about how to get those smudges off my MBP aluminum case. Sorry, carry on.....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    virtue desktops with multiple operating systems running. need a lot of ram. fast switch between them with cube candy on. usually makes even the dorkiest go 'nice!'.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne

Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about how to get those smudges off my MBP aluminum case. Sorry, carry on.....

Just get a little mothers polish you will be just fine.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    well, i reconsidered my original virtue reply to this thread. Your dad has no concept of cool or quality. He can't be changed on the hardware front.

So blind him with shiny grades and a super high GPA. He'll never question your purchases because you are a genius. Then when he's retired and you are helping him with purchase decisions and buying technology, only get him apples and tell him, shut up dad, i'm a genius, you're an old man who doesn't know hardware from a box of corn flakes.

there, how's that?