15.4" MacBook next May?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From The Register.

Interesting plan. The screen-size/resolution on the MacBook was one of the reasons I plumped for a 15.4" MacBook Pro.

Would people here be interested if this were to materialise?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllBrain

From The Register.

Interesting plan. The screen-size/resolution on the MacBook was one of the reasons I plumped for a 15.4" MacBook Pro.

Would people here be interested if this were to materialise?

Huh, that's cool I guess. The reason I got the 13.3 Macbook is because it so small. I have an external 24" monitor for home-use.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    No. Not a MacBook. It's a redesign of the MBP. New enclosures in May everyone!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    A 15" consumer laptop would be good for Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I agree. I'd probably buy it. They should definitely have a 15" MacBook.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    i dont think a 15" macbook is likely
  • Reply 6 of 10
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    A 15" macbook might be worth it if it was like 799-999 like other baseline laptops from other manufacturers.

But knowing apple it would probably be more expensive than the 13" ones and at that point I gotta ask wtf is the point?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    if they drop the price of a 13.3 macbook down to $1000 and then priced the 15" at 1200 . . i think Apple will make a giant leap in market share
  • Reply 8 of 10
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:

if they drop the price of a 13.3 macbook down to $1000 and then priced the 15" at 1200 . . i think Apple will make a giant leap in market share

then it will have to be crippled so the MBP still has some share...theres not much point in a 15" model. the 15" one would need to have the same specs as the 13.3 one but just a larger screen. any major additions will creep too much into the MBP space. the 13.3" model is doing well, so i say keep it.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede

then it will have to be crippled so the MBP still has some share...theres not much point in a 15" model. the 15" one would need to have the same specs as the 13.3 one but just a larger screen. any major additions will creep too much into the MBP space. the 13.3" model is doing well, so i say keep it.

You do know that the most popular notebooks on the market at 15" integrated graphics models right?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Why not a 15.4" model MacBook now? Apple: why wait until May?