shall i upgrade to 2 gb ram?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
im getting my MBP 2.16 with all standard stuff.

its my first mac and im not too sure whether i should upgrade to 2gb ram for 110 pounds? i can buy it later for 180 pounds.

it would make it significantly faster running applications etc right? i cant stand waiting too long for something to load.....

worth the money? or shall i wait and see?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    depends what you're going to use it for, i just recently brought an imac and upgraded it to 2gb of ram, i find it a lot smoother when running photoshop etc, but it isn't really needed if your going to be writing documents or spreadsheet. So its all down to what you're going to do with it really?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    yeah im planning to use photoshop to edit photos, net surfing, playing music via wirelss network around the house... etc

day to day stuff, nothing too complicated...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    yea, pretty much what I do, 2gb is good if you want to do all of that at the same time too, if you got the money to spend for the upgrade then do so, I 'm glad I did, makes everything a lot smoother and easier!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Danial

yea, pretty much what I do, 2gb is good if you want to do all of that at the same time too, if you got the money to spend for the upgrade then do so, I 'm glad I did, makes everything a lot smoother and easier!

yeah upgraded it in the end.. now have to wait an extra tw2o days for it!