I need help urgently, MacBook won't logon!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This past thursday OSX crashed because of corrupted files in iTunes 7.0.1 (which it created) so I had to shut it down the hard way and when I turned it on again the Apple shows up and the little load circle (lights up) and it stays like that, the logon screen does not appear.

And I really need my MacBook, it has everything and I was not able to back up, these last few weeks. Someone please help me.

Misc Info:

MacBook 1.83GHz

Mac OSX 10.4.8

iTunes 7.0.1

Btw can get it to do Hardware test and to the instalation CD but thats it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I would run Disk Utility first, either from the install CD or hold command-s at startup and when you get to the command line, type fsck -f.

If it reports there's nothing wrong, just do an archive installation on your computer. This won't overwrite your data, it will just reinstall the system.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107120
  • Reply 2 of 4
    First of all I want to thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

The problem was that the HD was screwed up, it had to be replaced so I was without my comp. for about 2 weeks I got it back last Tuesday and have been slowly adding all my apps and preferences.

Anyways if anyone is having this problem I would go and have your HD checked and if it is damaged replaced.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That's a really fluke occurrence...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darth_Apple

The problem was that the HD was screwed up, it had to be replaced so I was without my comp. for about 2 weeks

Only Apple can take 2 weeks to replace a drive. This is one reason there needs to be more centers that do warranty repairs. It should be 48 hours maximum.