Rediculous if you ask me!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here we go again...

These last MBP's came out how long ago? Like 6 months ago? Well I finally decided to buy a Mac. We use all Windows at work and it was time for me to join the computer world again. Everyone said go with Mac, they are better than IBM PC's. My wife owned a IBM PC for a couple years and finally got rid of it a year ago. It was a piece of crap.

Well here I get a MBP just months ago and now a new machine is out already?!?!?!?!? Seems like they are almost as bad as Commodore used to be. I won't ever be another Mac. Well I will someday but I'm going to wait until they decide what they're going to come out with and stick with, then I'll buy.

With Commodore I bought a Vic-20, then later when the Commodore 64 was out then that. then they started with talk of the Commodore 128. I refused. I felt the same way then. I'm not going to buy another Commodore until they stick with something and decide what machine they want to be their machine. I made a good choice. Years after the 128 came out they talked of the Amiga. Well guess where Commodore is now, Bankrupt and non existant! Maybe Apple could learn from them becuase they are headed the same way!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    All companies do this, just that nobody even notices. Now you buy an Apple and they do their update several DAYS AFTER Dell, HP/Compaq, Lenovo et al did the exact same thing. Dell has updated their Lattitude line twice in the last 3 months, the new 820 is just the old Inspiron 6000 in crappier plastics. Gonna complain about that too? No.

Just be happy with the machine you bought. It will do exactly everything you want it to for the next four years or so. That Dell will probably drop dead in two to three, unless you buy the service contract.

And your Commodire example is just so much wanking. You want a high tech device to stay stagnant over four years [VIC-20 to Commodore 128]? Didn't think so, so loose the unrealistic expectations.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RickR

Here we go again...

These last MBP's came out how long ago? Like 6 months ago? Well I finally decided to buy a Mac. We use all Windows at work and it was time for me to join the computer world again. Everyone said go with Mac, they are better than IBM PC's. My wife owned a IBM PC for a couple years and finally got rid of it a year ago. It was a piece of crap.

Well here I get a MBP just months ago and now a new machine is out already?!?!?!?!? Seems like they are almost as bad as Commodore used to be. I won't ever be another Mac. Well I will someday but I'm going to wait until they decide what they're going to come out with and stick with, then I'll buy.

With Commodore I bought a Vic-20, then later when the Commodore 64 was out then that. then they started with talk of the Commodore 128. I refused. I felt the same way then. I'm not going to buy another Commodore until they stick with something and decide what machine they want to be their machine. I made a good choice. Years after the 128 came out they talked of the Amiga. Well guess where Commodore is now, Bankrupt and non existant! Maybe Apple could learn from them becuase they are headed the same way!

You're not for real, are you?

You are, in fact, just trying to rile some poor sod up, and aren't actually this dense, right?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    It depends on the market you are in. A games console company would go bust with too many updates because it would be hard to keep games working properly. On the desktop market, the opposite is true. Updates mean lower prices and that means better value for consumers. Just because you have a MBP from a few months back, it doesn't mean it is redundant. The new one just has some slightly better features.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RickR

Here we go again...

You want Apple to stay with an outdated chip? THAT would kill them as a company.

Every computer company puts in the new, faster processor when it becomes available. I'm not sure why you have such a problem with a computer company updating their computers with superior processors when they are released.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Are you retarded?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    You can't possibly be for real...can you?

Oh, posts = 1.

Nevermind. I'm forgetting you as I speak.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Dude,

I'm sorry, but Commodore wound up getting laid to waste because they stuck with the same product for far too long. The Commodore 64 was around in a slightly different package for like 8 years. The 128 was pretty much a 64 with more memory. I know it did have some display differences.

When they had the Amiga, they were so far ahead of the curve they milked that platform for pretty much 8 years. The 2000, 3000, and even the 4000 models weren't that significantly different.

Anyway...

It's about time Apple joined the race. When they had the Power PC their product cycles were way too long.

Later,

Ocriss
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I don't know what are you trying to say?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I almost think you are serious afterall.

Send me your outdated, p.o.s. MacBook Pro please.

I'm on an iBook G3 and actually would appreciate such a nice computer instead of whine when incremental updates occur. 8)